NC post pu2 update questions

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by miraculousmouse, Feb 8, 2014.

1. miraculousmouse

Since the resist shield and NW dont stack anymore, should I go for the resist + asc combo? I have about 990 certs lying around so i domt really need to budget. Some people recomend running adrenaline + nanoweave maxed, i have nw at 4 only, the 2000 it would need to max both could be a long term goal unless you guys suggest otherwise. If it helps, my playstyle is using the anchor at closer to medium ranges with an advanced lasee sight and 1x reflex, i rarely hipfire though unless the dude is in hugging distance. Would you guys suggest i throw out the laster sight and slap on a forward grip? I already have the bruiser for intense cqc situations .

Thanks
  2. Epic High Five

The best combos I've found lately have been resist+asc because you'll be less tanky but have INSANE uptime, Adrenaline/nanoweave for when squishies are around and adrenaline/flak when HE spammers are around also work well.

Starting out, I'd recommend either resist+asc for the uptime, resist+flak for good resistance to most sources of damage, or nanomesh/nanoweave for tanking 1v1s

I wouldn't rush to get the last rank of nanoweave tho, and the Anchor with a grip is kinda pointless because the GD-22S (even with a laser) outperforms it substantially at the ranges where a grip would be helpful.
    • Up x 1
  3. Epic High Five

Forgot to mention - this isn't to say the Anchor isn't a good gun! It absolutely dominates in its niche as a close range LMG. With adv laser and SPA it is an absolute monster at hosing people down while also still being respectable at burst fire. Generally I recommend the 22S over it because it's 1/10 the price, but if you already have it and do well with it, then by all means party on :)
  4. Pie Chasm

I would save up 10 certs and purchase the jackhammer, the best shotgun in the game.

Adrenaline shield is situationally better, sure, but not enough to justify certing it out.

If you're having issues with survivability, flak will do wonders.

Resist shield only adds to your survivability vs. non-explosive weapons and by only 2-3 shots in the best case. It will not save you vs. a shotgun in a greater capacity than your current shield.