[Suggestion] NC Max Fix?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by DrHous3, Dec 4, 2013.

1. DrHous3

Make Slugs More accurate.

For TR/Vs Blueshifts/mercy are the accurate ones (our mattocks)

So make the Mattocks + Slug able to compete with the Blueshift (without ZOE) and Mercy (without lockdown)

Same with the High ROF and High Damage Max Weapons, make the Hacksaw/Grinder with slugs just more effective against their equivalents.

What this will achieve?

Giving NC max less damage/more range with slugs and More damage/less range without WHILE competing with their MAX counterparts.

In Essence you would fair better in range, but not as effective as Tr/Vs, since they cant really do much short range against our shotguns.

2. neoNEO

It will not fix the suppressive and crowd control capability of the TR/VS Maxes though. The main NC Max problem is sustained damage, right now if the NC Max waste 7-8 shells the enemy knows that we have a huge reload so its an opportunity to close distance to the NC Max and C4 him or just engage the space that he is defending. I would say a better balance would be add 10 more shells to each shotgun, it would make the NC Max effective at close range and capable of suppressing the enemy from entering on our position.
  3. Santondouah

Mattock + slugs are accurate and frustrating enough. By crouching you can take out ennemies at 50m in 3-4 seconds... (makes ~6 hits, ~10 shots as you miss nearly 1/2 because of inaccuracy).
  4. Ceskaz

Except you have to control your trigger because of the huge CoF bloom per shot of NCMAX AI weapons.

The CoF of NC weapons is not bad (see this chart) compared to TR or VS one. Its the CoF bloom / shot that is a problem. Also, the CoF of mattock should be the same value as Mercy or Blueshift.

Decrease the CoF Bloom per shot of NC MAX AI weapons, please, so we can semi auto our weapons at their max rate of fire.
    • Up x 1
  5. Santondouah

Just crouch ^^

I agree with you regarding Grinder/Hacksaw and even Scattercanon, but not for Mattock. They are quite accurate and more accuracy on these wonders would make them OP IMO. Moreover, more accuracy on the previously cited weapons would make the Mattock useless as it has a lower damage input.
  6. Mxiter

Crouching reduce the starting COF, but have no effect on the bloom.

The only way to compensate the bloom is burst firing wich means slower firing with shotguns.

It would be fair to get the same bloom per sec (=/= to bloom per shot) with mattocks than with Mercies/blueshifts and the same stuffs for grinder/hacksaw/scatters than close range NC/TR weapons.

Or at least the same bloom/DPS/second (equal bloom*damages if my maths arn't too rusty).

Actually, even if NC max have twice DPS than TR/VS (without slugs):

Onslaugt bloom per shot: 0.41
    Nebubla bloom per sec: 0.42
    Hacksaw bloom per sec: 3.48

Logic value would be something like 0.8-0.85 bloom per sec for hacksaw = 0.22 bloom per shot.

Blueshifts bloom per sec: 0.36
    Mercies bloom per sec: 0.35
    Mattocks bloom per sec: 3

Logic value would be something like 0.65 bloom per sec dor mattocks = 0.21 bloom per shot.

Muti/Hcyler bloom per sec: 0.33
    Quasar/Cosmos bloom per sec: 0.33
    Grinders/scatter bloom per sec: 3

Logic value would be something like 0.65 bloom per sec for grinders/scatters = 0.21 bloom per shot.

And this without considering that Slugs have lower DPS.
    It would at least deverve a try on PTS imo.
    • Up x 1
  7. Santondouah

Yes I realized this yesterday in VR when counting the number of shots to kill a stock ennemy MAX, about -30% damage. It is not written in the description...
  8. Mxiter

It's normal:

Slugs = 1 pellets/bullet at 500 damages.
    Without slugs, you have 6 pellets that deals each 112-130 = 672-780 damages = 25%-35% lower DPS.
    But you have more range and accuracy as tradeoff (wich is the point of slugs)
  9. Santondouah

Interesting, I thought that slugs were just concentrated pellets. Thanks for the intel !

EDIT : are you sure of this ? at CQB two slug shots kill an infantry with NW5, which is 1250 HP.

EDIT2 : planetside2.wikia.com : "Slug Ammunition increase the effective range of a shotgun. Automatic and Semi-Automatic shotgun slugs will deal 500 damage @8m down to 334 damage @40m, and Pump action slugs will deal 800 damage @8m down to 400 damage @40m."
    I guess MAXes have the 800 damage version ?
  10. Mxiter

Nope!
    i don't know where you tried it. Maybe the target was already damaged or something.

The only slugs that deals more damages are PA slugs (700 damages/shot) and MAXes can't carry PA equivalents (fortunately :eek:)

Edit: RV targets don't carry suits slots = no nanowave.