NC LMGs are inferior overall

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Tythes, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Kyutaru

While entirely true, what the opposition complains about is this:

[IMG]

Which gives VS a slight damage advantage between 10m and about 85m. My post stated that long range shots were penalized by VS, as the chart even shows. Close range is a different story. Ultimately the damage difference doesn't have much of an impact the majority of the time because it will still require the same number of shots to kill, but some people like to blow these differences out of proportion because they're too busy theorycrafting and spend far less time actually testing the results in game.

Moral of the story is VS have a slight advantage at close ranges, but are weaker at long ranges (unless you're a scrub who can't handle bullet drop and needs the laser crutch). The Gauss SAW remains unopposed.

Also: http://tinyurl.com/akfwjvs
  2. Rhinzual

The first thing I noticed is that the NC6 Gauss SAW's short reload time is longer than every other weapon's long reload speed, Longshot/Parallex/RAMS .50 included and those take 6 seconds to do a long reload.
  3. MurderBunneh

You call it a crutch I call it a clear advantage and basically no drawback from a suppressor which is huge. There is so much of your previous post that is opinion and nonsense that I will not even go into it.
    I just find it highly amusing that you call not having to compensate at all for drop a crutch. And then act like hitting a moving target while leading them and accounting for bullet drop on the fly is an easy task. Not to mention that NC velocity is the worst in the class also.

So what you are saying is that you are better at guessing where someone is going to go because that is what you are doing at that point. GUESSING.
    Tr and VS have higher velocity to help make up for any lack of accuracy at range. And speaking of that lack of accuracy what is the difference in standing ads cof?
    Is it not 0 versus 0.03? Wow what a huge difference. Hell it might even be a factor if you didn't have to take drop and velocity into account. lol.

The Gauss SAW remains unopposed. No it kills with the same number of bullets as any other Lmg 90% of the time you are just one of those enthralled with big numbers. You may be able to sit at range and get kills plinking away with your 4x scope but that doesn't take bases.

What I quickly noticed is that all the guns kill at the same speed provided that you can put them on target. To sit there and say omg god of thunder it kills so fast shows you don't yet understand this.

What we are going to disagree about is that you and others seem to think that a lmg that is good at 85m-120m is better then a lmg that is effective at 0-85. It is my experience that 0-85 is the much greater determining factor when infantry is involved in taking a base.
  4. Erendil

Yes kyutaru does show proof on occasion. When he doesn't I've found that his posts almost always line up with not only the google doc floating around, but my own experience.

And though VS is my main, I do have a BR18 NC as well, with the most kills by far coming from the SAW:

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428016813489787697/

Plus, our statements about degradation are the same, although I see I erased the max range of VS degradation (which is know is 115-125m) during editing and forgot to re-type it in so that was my bad.

And I made no mention at all of suppressors. I know they cause higher bullet drop on NC/TR weapons (which again can still be compensated for with practice) just like you made no mention of the fact that bullet drop can be compensated for with practice whereas degradation cannot be reduced at all through skill. Plus VS trait = accuracy, so working as intended. I personally find suppressors to be next to worthless since you can still hear the shots and given the prevalence of Scout Radar these days.

And it's not just 15-25 damage less for VS weapons. It's 1 more bullet to get a kill, which is the vital stat you seem to be ignoring. DPS means almost nothing. TTK and STK are what you want to look at.

That graph is misleading because it only shows the % of max damage that is lost over range, not absolute damage values. So it doesn't show that the NC weapons still do more actual damage per shot and as you said still retain their lower STK values. Damage per shot means almost nothing. STK and TTK are much more meaningful stats.. So it's really only a (minor) advantage over TR, who make up for it by having much larger magazines on most weapons.

However, I would be fine if they adjusted the VS graph such that it matched the other two graphs out the the NC/TR max degradation range. Of course this would mean that VS weapons would bottom out at a much closer range which would be a significant nerf at the ~85-115m range or thereabouts (weapon depending). Maybe they could compensate by bumping VS mag sizes a little (namely ARs and Carbines to 35) since several VS weapons are significantly behind their TR/NC counterparts in damage per mag.

But as it stands now, you're right, the small damage % benefit given VS weapons within 100m (which is misleading since NC weapons still do more absolute damage per shot than the VS equivalents) means little to nothing since the vast majority of the time it doesn't change STK or TTK values at all.

Oh, and big LOL at the google link you provided. :cool:
  5. Rhinzual

What I find funny about the graph is how it shows the Carbines/ARs (I keep forgetting which is which) but the NC's default LMG is the only starter that can be tricked out with a x6 scope + Compensator + Advanced Forward Grip + High Velocity Ammo that pushes their effective range and projectile velocity even further. The Compensator and Advanced Forward Grip are mainly for long distance burst shorts. The Orion is a beast in CQC, but it's hardly threatening at long ranges.
  6. Chazt

I can agree on one point and that is the the NC bullet velocity is laughable I should not be able to visibly see the bullet drop of my em6 from close and medium range. I also feel like we could sue slightly more ROF but thats just me, I like nc overall and feel they are in a mostly good place
  7. SpankyH

I don't understand why people keep saying that the Gauss SAW has more recoil than the CARV. I mean, the raw numbers are in fact higher if you look in the spreadsheet. But remember, that is for recoil per shot.

If you actually do some math and take the CARV's higher RoF into account, the CARV has higher recoil and bloom per second that the SAW by a fair margin.
  8. MurderBunneh

I think velocity was one of the things nerfed in beta when people were crying about us being op. I can't see any other reason they would give us long range lmg then give us the worst velocity. Literally our highest velocity gun SAW S is like the worst velocity on the other 2 factions./
  9. Armchair

Looks like the moral is that VS have the advantage for the vast majority of the range spectrum, until they're damage degradation finally catches up with them at extreme long ranges.....ranges where their lack of bullet drop makes it greatly easier to land shots on target. A bit of skill is necessary for all factions to land hits at those ranges, except the lack of bullet drop makes headshots viable where other factions are stuck going for center-of-mass.