NC Light vs. Heavy Assault

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Frostttt, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Frostttt

So.. I like the Light assault class a lot more, but I always do better with the heavy assault. Maybe I am doing something wrong with the light class. If anyone could explain a play style difference between the two, that would be much appreciated.
  2. Davinel

They are polar opposite.
    HA - you are front line soldier, excellent at close-mid range, you can solo kill any other infantry class, sometimes even MAX, cause you have best infantry weapon and shield. Play style is pretty straightforward. Go, shoot 'em, use shield, repeat.

LA - you are kind of weak. Actually at close range I can kill my enemy 4 times out of 5, jumping over them with jump jets, but I have almost no chance of winning at mid-long range against HA/medics and even infiltrators(if they are good).
    So - you are NOT front line soldier. Those encounters, when you are forced to exchange shots with your enemy, ideally they should never happen. Ideally you must kill you enemy before they even see you and then quickly change location.
    Use your jump jets - its your most powerful weapon. Apear where they did not expect you to. Use cover. Use high places where no one besides you can reach. Strike them from behind and from above.
    Do not go inside building through door - use windows. Preferably windows on the second floor.
    Fly over obstacles - enemy rarely expect that(but sometimes they do, so be careful).
    Do not attack head-on, do not go with all the lemmings. Go behind the enemy lines, kill them, when they are unaware of you.
    • Up x 1
  3. Frostttt

So what do you think about grabbing a silencer for my LA class?
  4. FA_Q2

Silencer is a good attachment. Concealment and surprise are your killers.
  5. Swiffle

Light is nothing like heavy assault. You will be even/disadvantaged in a straight up firefight. So think vertically, get the drop on people, or just sit above them. Upgrade the jump jets a bit with certs. Bases and structures have so many nooks and crannies that most people wander right by. Rocks and trees are also great terrain for you to peek over, and take cover. Suppressor on the weapon is a pretty good idea, but I notice the decreased damage and slower projectile speed for sure. Knifing is also silent if you sneak up on people. If you're NC get a GD-7F. I personally hated the AF-19. The AC-X11 is capable, but small clip. Tried the Piston, wasn't terrible, wasn't great.

Personally, I just like jetting down from tech plants to concealed spots near enemy sunderers and spamming grenades, shoot a bunch of stuff trying to rez the things I grenaded, then pistol/c4 when out of ammo :p

One more thing. If you hear someone of not your faction yell "Eyes open, enemy light assault spotted" or whatever, and there aren't really friendlies near you, a bunch of people in the surrounding area will converge on you shortly. Look for a spot to get a good engagement or hide/run/suicide into them. Oh, I suppose I should mention when you are directly behind enemies, yelling out that you spotted them isn't a good idea either, unless you are safeish, and helping your team.
  6. Frostttt

I appreciate the feedback! I'll be sure to put it all to use.