[Suggestion] NC Infiltrator - Reskin the glow lights?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Banick, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Banick

Just curious why the NC Infiltrator has a skin with glow lights to highlight their locations. I rarely play the class, but I feel bad for those who do.

TR/VS enjoy a relatively darkened skin, particularly during the nighttime. But NC infils, you spot immediately leaving them at a great disadvantage.

I could accept if the reasoning was a trade off to the the only faction with a default bolt-action. But considering the majority of infils who run with a bolt-action through cert-acquisition or SC purchase, at least give the NC infil a chance to lose the lights through the same method.
  2. Niv

Also the cloacking device Farting sound pretty easy to spot, funny that jet pack are so quiet.
  3. Rainfey

The glowing lines on the NC infiltrator skin are very obvious up close, but you can barely see them at range.
    So really it only hurts infiltrators that infiltrate/CQC, ie those that don't actually use bolt action rifles.
  4. Sowahka

Has anyone noticed these lights at anything outside of 30m? Never spotted someone due to them glowing. Never even spotted an enemy sporting a glowing helmet, despite how illuminated they are. Doesn't the VS Engineer even have a very glowy backpack? I only seem to spot them up close.

Anyhow, I've always found infantry to be easy to see no matter the conditions, even if I can't see them properly I just have to spot them with Q to get a "shoot here" triangle to appear over their heads, telling me where to riddle with bullets.