NC Infantry have no AV weapon that can engage fast moving targets at long range

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MykeMichail, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Purg

Possibly the reason is that, in order to hit an ESF with a Phoenix, you need to aim it at a pilot who has zero situational awareness and is hovering for at least 8 seconds. Having fired hundreds of Phoenix at ESF's to see them move ever so slightly causing the missile to miss, I've come to the point where I just don't bother anymore.

If you're getting shot down by Phoenix, time to evaluate the way you fly.
  2. MykeMichail

Nope.

Fired on a target which was just on the edge of the Phoenix's range (about 275 m).

Hopped in Harasser, fired second shot as Harasser started driving away.

Second shot hit the target even though I was well outside the 300 m range when it hit.
  3. MykeMichail

This is possibly the worst logic I have seen on forums.
  4. lilleAllan

LOL did a guy just say that Phoenix is good vs infantry?

Good one. I wish it was.
  5. Adept

I was forced to use skyguard to repel harassers when I've actively played NC...
    Not very effective, but it works to some extent..
  6. Loegi

Can only do so much with a bar so low.
  7. VoidMagic

It happened once... you guys are hysterical...

O yea and I hoverspam constantly, I super rarely die.
    When I die it's usually in a dog fight.

The one time I got hit with a Phoenix... I was suprised by how much damage it did..
    Insta kill basically... that is all

In general I feel that NC should have a better long range weapon although, honestly, isn't it hit hard up close for you guys.
  8. Goretzu

Don't be surprised at how much damage it did.

Be utterly amazed that it hit you at all. :)
    • Up x 2
  9. Blazini

I love people try to just say NC are complaining or use this or that ... the Phx sucks compared to the other faction AV so does the Aegis shield , and having a max class with 3 different shotguns..not sure who is calling the shots for NC development but they should be fired. If they did a weapon faction swap im sure most of you would change your tune.
    • Up x 3
  10. BadAsElite

This.
  11. RomulusX

Can we turn this thread into a "TR need an ESRL that can hurt maxes thread"? Or does it have to remain a "NC need an ESRL that can hurt aircraft thread"?
  12. Mugze

It is the basis of our weapons that we are close range and pack a big punch when they come at us. That's why I laugh at all of the NC weapon hate when it comes to cqc, stay at long/medium range from the NC or have your skull vented with a scat/falcon max, jackhammer.
  13. Simferion

Do you use phoenixes to kill maxes?

And TR has ML7, it' s a stock weapon.
  14. Vastly

Was this a staged test? When I get a moment, I'll do further testing. It's quite obvious to me that the flight time is adjusted when testing using jump pads, however, I need to confirm the distance cutoff point. It's possible that 300m is a design limit below the actual hard limit to account for "error" ie lag, to prevent any mishaps.

What seems clear to me is that building in distance checks relative to the character would be a waste of resources unless deemed necessary and this limit has previously been stated to exist by the devs.
  15. RHINO_Mk.II

But the Pheonix's DPS is so bad that for every 2 derps sitting in the spawn shooting phoenix missiles at the sunderer, you only need one engineer to keep it fully repaired, plus that engineer gets certs out the wazoo while the phoenix users get nothing.
    • Up x 2
  16. Purg

Doesn't help when you're facing a tank zerg, if they're up close you're better off with a Decimator than the Phoenix. I play all three about equally these days but NC is my main and it's patently obvious that the NC lacks a good ranged infantry or MAX AV when a large armor column comes bearing down on you. If you can't spawn your own tanks you're just shelled into oblivion for a good few bases before you can whittle them down and push back. That's not something I've experienced playing TR/VS.
  17. Goretzu

At most ranges and in most situations a dumbfire is much better, it's good for long range MAX attacks though.