NC has the most team kills, there's proof, but why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nregroepis, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Nregroepis

This thread is not a joke! The stereotype is true!

According to the PS2 alert tracker (http://www.ps2alerts.com/), by clicking on combat where it shows the stats, NC does in fact have the most teamkills. I created this pie chart with the help of imgflip:

[IMG]

So, does anyone have a clue WHY this is how it is? Thanks in advance.
  2. UberNoob1337101

Well from the positive stand-point, the NC are at least winning at somehing...

Some sources like parodies suggest that VS have unleashed a tactical spore bomb of the Spandex virus, so the current mental state of NC teammates could possibly be caused by VS... the mystery is still unsooved.
  3. Chewy102

Weapons with higher damage or wider COF don't care who they hit. Put them around a 48v48 fight and it is easy to see TKs being a problem.

Take the Saw for example. 200 damage up close is murder for TKs when some idiot crosses you line of fire or clips into you without thinking. Plus shotguns don't give a damn who or what they hit in a mob.
    • Up x 4
  4. HadesR

TBH in a game this size with the HUGE amount of total deaths per day ... The difference in TK's across the factions is so small as to be not worth bothering about ...
    • Up x 2
  5. WTSherman

I'd say the difference is small enough that it wouldn't be considered statistically significant. In other words, luck.

Despite that, I suspect Vanguards and MAXes would be likely culprits for doing more than their fair share of TKs.

The Vanguard is very wide, very square, and has low acceleration, which means it also has a hard time braking. Which means if you find yourself in front of a Racer Vanguard, he's going to have a hard time stopping before he hits you. Additionally, it's hard to shoot past friendlies with the Canister. Unlike say, the PPA or Marauder which are threatening in a narrow line with a circle at the end, the Canister is threatening in a fairly large cone. Anything in that cone that ends up in between you and what you're trying to kill is likely to catch a few pellets, with unfortunate results if that something is an already-wounded ally.

Basically, the Canister is more likely to lose pellets to stray objects on the way to the target. Trees, rocks, allies, etc.

The MAX has a similar problem. It's really hard to shoot past allies with shotguns, especially if you're using anything other than Mattocks. I know I've mowed down quite a few friendlies who were giving an enemy LA a tactical hug, because I had simply decided that hosing them both was better than letting that LA drop C4.
  6. ALN_Isolator

Grenade spam in small rooms and shotguns. I thought this was rather self explanatory, we ARE talking about the NC here...
  7. ColonelChingles

Does this take into account populations? For example, if the NC have the highest population then of course they will have the most TKs.

To examine this, on 8/22 (and yes that's just one day's data while the above chart is cumulative), here were the populations:

NC- 19,216
    TR- 17,979
    VS- 17,892

If you take the TK:population ratio...

VS- 163.1:1
    TR- 158.2:1
    NC- 153.4:1

In other words, per capita the NC TK the least. They simply have the most total TKs because they have the most people, but broken down per person it looks a bit different.

It's kind of like saying that China has the most murderers or doctors or something. Of course they're going to have the most if they're the most populated, but by itself that statistic doesn't tell you very much about the average Chinese person's inclinations towards doctoring or murdering.
    • Up x 2
  8. Scr1nRusher

Because "Danger Close" isn't a warning in the NC............

Its a Policy & Guarantee.
  9. IamDH

I guess this is sort of meaningless without taking populations into account
    • Up x 1
  10. WTSherman

That actually does make sense, now that I think about it I do get TK'd a LOT on VS. I often find myself thinking "And they say NC TKs, sheesh. Oh come on at least have the decency to revive me."
  11. TheRunDown

To be honest.. back in my day on PlanetSide 1..
    NC would TK you for simply getting the last hit on the guy he was shooting at..
    Clearly has nothing to do with the more forgiving weapon damage of TR and VS ;)
    I tend to find the Try Hards from CoD join NC, not all but more than TR and VS.. just sayain..

I'm still trying to work out where these Try hards are getting this MLG score from.. I must have one cause they keep telling me it, then telling me theirs in hate tells..
  12. ColonelChingles

Really the question shouldn't be why the NC TK so much, but why the VS do so much more.

My guess would be that Magmowers and Lasher spam has at least a small part of it. I mean the difference between VS and NC is that the VS TK by 6.3% more per person... not a huge margin but still significant.
  13. 0fly0

If by stereotype you mean long gameplay experience inside all faction sure it's true.
    I already give my theory for that and it's also the same for the "vs op faction".
    It's that players choose their faction when they created their main character:

NC freedom warrior: most of the kid are interested by the "lets rock freedom" but don't know how to play and shot everywhere, teamkill...

TR are the regular faction: Normal player who don't know what to choose and end up with the most common army faction, you can see why they have a lack of tactics in game...

VS the op new technology faction: FPS players, geek and hardcore player are going to be more interest by the faction with extra technology, laser and stuff like that.

But of course this is just a theory, everyone now VS is the OP faction and vs players fart raimbow every day.
  14. FieldMarshall

I think it has something to do with their faction trait.

If a friendly runs in front of a TR MAX, they get hit a few times before the shooter realises what happened, and he stops shooting.
    If a friendly runs in front of a NC MAX, they instantly die.

You are also more likely to die getting hit by one 200dmg bullet than the weaker (per bullet) weapons of TR/VS.

NC has less time to react to hitting friendlies running in front because of their high dmg weapons and shotguns.
    It doesent sound like much, but it probably adds up over time. Thats my theory anyway.
  15. Nregroepis

Classic thread nitpicking. Awesome!
  16. AshHill07

The fact that the Gauss Saw is the weapon I have been most team killed with supports this.
  17. placeholder22

It's definitely not the lasher. The lasher does 50% damage to the team already, and kills enemies so slowly. Lasher is one of the least teamkilly weapons on VS side these days.

I bet its the Magmower.
  18. GhostAvatar

Its not luck when it happens on all but one server, that's consistency.

[IMG]
  19. Devilllike

you ask why the faction with the jerk hammer is team killing the most? hahahaha xD
  20. Nregroepis

To be honest, we even deliberately team kill the most than the other two factions, not just accidents!