NC HA loadouts

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by W01fe, Dec 2, 2012.

1. W01fe

Basically i want two loadouts. one using a longer range weapon in more open environments and the other abusing CqC weaponry and playstyle, like when inside buildings.

i play NC, and am not sure what to go with.

my first inclination for CqC is a shotgun, but i never see anyone talk about them, so im unsure.
  2. Ghostloadout

For your long range weapon i would like to recommend the standard NC6 gauss saw, the thing is a monster at long ranges, but if you want some more versatility the GD-22s is probably the most versitile NC lmg in the game currently, as for CQB i recommend the EM6 (mid range) or EM1 (close-mid) for suit mods, best thing to go with on HA for CQB is advanced shield capacitor, as you can poke in and out of tense firefights rather quickly. For the long-ranges; you want extra ammo, thus you buy the Ammo belt.

Hope this helped! :D
  3. Kyutaru

If you want to use the shotgun, just go for it. Shotguns have the fastest kill times in the game. Besides a sniper's headshot, of course. It's just kind of stuck with the short range...
  4. W01fe

hmm, i was researching more and was actually considering a gun outfitted for good CQ hipfire. Just not sure which would perform best that way.

Ive heard a LOT of different information on the base SAW, from it being crap, to being incredibly good at long range.
  5. Ozmandeus

I saved up for the advanced grip to go on the SAW yesterday along with compressor and high velocity ammo and hung around a couple of base defences yesterday. I racked up 75 kills for 20 deaths in around an hour's play. Considering I was getting my back side handed to me most of last week that's a major step forwards.

Absolutely useless at close range but with a low mouse sensitivity and far far far too long spent playing counter-strike in my twenties I seem to be able to out sniper most snipers with my LMG now and with the adv grip I can pepper large groups with sustained burst fire and get a lot of assists and kills, especially if there are choke points, a sunderer or spawn point to cover.

I'm in the same spot now contemplating a close range set up. I think a shotgun may be the way to go but for now I'll probably stick to focussing on base defense and outdoor larger battles and save up for a homing rocket
  6. Grixxitt

My 3 are:

EM-6 for general HA stuff, I generally swap between NV and a 4x scope depending on inside/outside operations
    GD-22 for Close Quarters only
    Warden for solo cert farm

To be honest the only weapon I use that isn't conditional is my EM-6.
    (Have all LMGs unlocked except the EM1 btw)
  7. MrK

Same
    EM6 different modes make it useable at any range, and good where it matters.
    I began with GD-22S, which I still like a lot, then switched to EM6, and got on upgrades on it due to how usefull it is in the end.
  8. bsones

I'll second the recommendation to not overlook the default SAW. It's actually one of the better LMGs, with the highest per-bullet damage up close AND at range. By, like, a lot. It's not very accurate shooting from the hip, and it has a strong recoil, so you really need to control your bursts. But for ADS shots while standing still, the first bullet is always dead-accurate--zero CoF, so all you have to deal with is drop. At medium range, aim for center mass and fire off a two-shot burst. The first will hit their abdomen, and there's a decent chance that the second will be a head shot (the gun kicks up a bit on the second shot). Avoid sustained fire unless the target is really close. Avoid shooting from the hip at all, if you can help it. If you really want a weapon for close combat rock-and-rolling, the EM1 is a better choice.