NC gun deciding...

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Aigle, May 28, 2015.

1. Aigle

no... I did certainly not copy another threadname in this forum.... :confused:

But now let's get to a rather new comparison about guns. I'm on my way to the Gauss Prime. NC1, Gauss S and Reaper DMR are auraxiumd and currently I'm getting my kills with the Carnage BR.

The question is now: What gun to use next? I always used only one gun at a time for all ranges (yes, Reaper in close combat, and Carnage in "long range" battles, too. Call me crazy :p)
    What I don't want to use is the GR-22 since this thing is built for close quarters... Even more than the Carnage which leaves me only the A-Tross, NS-11A and the Gauss Burst (which I won't use since I hate burst weapons...).
    Well then... A-Tross or NS-11A. NS-11A is the more versatile one, therefore matching my criteria about only using it, but I like slow firing weapons like the Reaper who punch you in the face so hard that you're going to do a triple back flip.:D But then I should stay clear from Biolabs.
  2. LazyAsian

If you are crazy good (and by crazy good I mean getting good with a weapon) I'd take the Tross. 200 dmg is no joke when you finish most people off with a headshot. If you want the Prime now, I'd buy the 11A. Versatile at every range.

Off topic:
    And dammit, I really hate the GR-22 because I'm trying to get the Prime too ;_; gr-22 is my last gun, because I had more kills on it than my Tross. Wish I'd brought the 11A earlier. And just curious, do you have the medic aruxi armor?
  3. Aigle

I already have the NS-11A unlocked, but have Certs to spare since I don't want anything immediately.

And no, still 110 savior kills away from it... :mad:
  4. RedArmy

id just go with the blitz - cuz i hate everything else
  5. MasterDemoman

I prefer the Tross to the NS-11A, so I'll try to describe the gun to you m8
    The Tross is pretty much a Reaper with a much more longer range orientation, it has soooo little recoil, but a very slow firerate. It was actually one of my favorite ARs to auraxium.

It's got so little recoil that you can blaze away full auto/long bursts with a 3.4x scope @ midrange no problem, and the increased magazine size compared to the Reaper gives it a bit more breathing room while still retaining a pretty fast reload speed. In CQC You can be semi-effective with the Tross. it will take a bit more getting used to in that situation than the Reaper. This is just because you will always be at a very noticeable disadvantage DPS-wise (Unless you can get headshots, but I still wouldn't count on winning head-on often just because the low low low RPM)

One environment that the Tross shines at is hitting the enemies from uncovered flanks at medium-ish ranges, this is because you have both the drop on them, and (probably) a better suited weapon for the range you're be firing at.

Overall the Tross functions as a strictly long range heavy hitting AR that can sustain bursts at incredible ranges compared to other long range weapons. My preferred Tross loadouts are a 3.4x or 2x scope with a grip and compensator.

Sidenote: When using the Tross, be very wary of your ammo, it only has 4 clips of 30 and you WILL run out often, try to be aware of friendly engis and locations to fall back on when you run dry.

To sum it up: high damage, great damage dropoff, extremely low recoil, very low firerate, very high accuracy, good mag size, tiny ammo pool, awesome long range potential, bad short range potential, and I'd say a medium skill-floor, because personally I find the Reaper harder to use.

Good luck m8
  6. Aigle

Well... Little recoil is something different. The kick when firing the A-Tross with 24 bullets in the magazine is nearly the same as with the Reaper.
  7. TheKhopesh

The A-Tross is nice for CQC hipfire and close range (sometimes even into the early stages of mid range) ADS.
    It's supposed to be a ranged weapon (and I auraxed it using it as such), but it's really not.

Past about 35-45m it's about as useful as the Cycler TRV (143/845 TR assault rifle), which is horrible (though some very low skill players swear by it. You'll know who they are when you see someone saying it's an awesome weapon outside close range).

But up close (10-25m) it's quite nice for a spam weapon.
    Plenty of ammo per mag, the laser sight is quite nice, and couple that with a 1-2x optic as well as the suppressor for the barrel and you've got yourself a real hard hitting weapon that's not shy on ammo.

It does have a lower TTK though, so it's not always best for situations where they notice you at the same time you notice them, but even then it does okay as long as you're nice and close.