[NC] Gauss SPR VS Impetus

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by alphaCastiel, Nov 25, 2012.

1. alphaCastiel

Stats say the same, yet I see "medium-range" on the Impetus' description and it's pretty noticeable it doesn't have a scope. Does it have higher bullet drop and therefore is inadequate for long range with a 4x scope? Does it also suffer in damage in these longer distances? What justifies it being more expensive than the Gauss?
  2. alphaCastiel

Bump, looking for a semi-auto, still unsure of which to get.
  3. Aalbatross

I haven't used the Guass SPR much outisde of beta, but the major difference is that the Impetus can use 1X, 2X reflex sights, which no other 'sniper' rifle can. This actually makes it pretty effective in close quarters as it still has high damage. Impetus + 2X reflex is my current weapon of choice, as it's equally effective at close and medium ranges, yet can still be used at long range (though not as effective over long distance as a 12X and bolt action). Much better than the scout rifles imho.

My advice would be to use the SPR if you want to snipe at range without de-scoping to reload, and use the Impetus if you want a gun for close/medium engagements.
  4. Urnefar

I found out about the Impetus semi auto today, and trialed it. I thought I'd have to save up for the Shadow to have my cqc infiltrator, but except for not getting the laser attachment for better hipshooting, the Impetus is a beast - killed 10-20 guys with it running around and capping a couple of bases