NC Faction Traits That Make No Sense

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zombieslore, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Yasa

1) i have never played CoD, but your blind assumptions and condescending tone humour me.
    2) please reiterate your point. you havent countered any of my counter arguments to your point that the mcg is a viable gun.
    3) What is your point of referring to guns in real life? Are you trying to argue that the mcg is a good gun or that it is a bad gun? extremely unfocused reply.
    4) i don't think you are entirely sure how arguments work, (kid). here's the truth kid, you have a premise that the mcg has high rof and high capacity which leads to your conclusion that the mcg is a good CQC weapon.
    I don't know what your talking about, the T7 mini chaingun fires at 800 RPM but has that 1-2 second wind up time (premise) but the major selling point is that it can be equipped with the extended magazine which will bump it up to 200 bullets a magazine (premise), it can fire at a fast rate and sustain that RoF thus by far (premise), a good CQC weapon and decent mid range weapon so you can keep firing at enemies without reloading (3 conclusions). - quoted from you

And so I attempt to prove that your conclusion is wrong, by pointing our that your premises are false, or at least unfounded. I also very neatly numbered my counter arguments in my previous post.

the mcg sucks (my conclusion) and heres why:
    1) Spin up time means that if you and your opponent start shooting at each other at the same time, he will always kill you first. Very poor TTK, u'd be dead before u reach 800 rpm. (btw the carv's rof is 750 so essentially u are trading 50 rof for a 1s spinup time.) Whats the point of having 200 bullets if u cant even kill 1 guy?
    2) Stupid cof means that you need to burst fire with this gun. But you cannot burst fire with this gun because of spinup time.
    3) Stupid cof means that after about 3 seconds of firing, you are stupidly inaccurate. Theres no point to having 200 rounds if you have to reset cof. Just duck somewhere and reload with a normal gun.
    Mcg is just a confused gun that does 143 dmg at 800 rof. Sometimes. - quoted from me
    5) thanks for briefly explaining how miniguns work in the real world. I am very sure a time will come in my life where I will acquire a minigun and will be forced to use it. And I will definitely remember that someone, once upon a time, told me that I needed to mount the damn thing. Because 'X amount of force is created in one direction is also created in another direction'. I'm sorry, kid, I know it isn't nice to be so sarcastic with you. Its all in good fun, I assure you. No ill will.
  2. Takara

Sure...we should just buff all the NC shotguns...then we can just compensate this by nerfing all the regular rifles they use? Honestly you don't want that...you really don't. The NC weapons are strongest where they really count, inside bases and fighting for points. Scatmaxs are the reigning king of the hill in terms of AI maxs for this reason alone. Jackhammer is pretty damn amazing nowdays. I think those two close quarters weapons are enough thanks.

Honestly 99% of the fraction traits got thrown out the windows a long time ago anyway.
  3. Aegie

Yes, shotguns are terrible.

Yes, the only inherent advantage to greater damage per shot is alpha damage but this is negated by having to place so many rounds to kill.

Yes, the NC is the "hard hitting" faction and yet in terms of DPS (you know, meaningful damage) TR>VS>NC.

Yes, they say NC is the "high skill ceiling" faction but this is nonsense since DPS tends to be the lowest- ergo, TR is really the high skill ceiling faction since placing all shots with TR will more often result in more DPS than with NC.

Yes, there are numerous inherent advantages to high ROF and the only inherent drawback would be running out of ammo- but of course there is a faction who has both high ROF and more ammo to compensate for the drawback.

Yes, the high damage per shot weapons typically have the worst DPS and yet are still hit by drawbacks from every side- terrible COF, terrible COF multipliers, no movement speed bonuses, great vertical recoil, slow ROF, low mag ammo count, slow projectile speed, and on and on.
  4. Herby20

Railguns/gauss cannons do have recoil. It would make no sense if they DIDN'T have recoil.
  5. Drsexxytime

NC should feature "Gauss-like" weaponry, or even caseless ammo, but they don't. They have shotguns. Shotguns which got nerfed across the board a while back. If the devs actually played this game, or at least played NC, they'd realize that all NC has are shotguns on soldiers, to maxes, to land vehicles, to even their ESF lol. When you nerf shotguns across the boards for all nations, you effectively nerfed the hell out of NC then. It's commonsense really.

SOE's answer: "Moar faction specific flava! Shotgun pistol for NC".

/dead.
  6. Lamat

The TR MCG shouldn't have magazines, you should be able to chain the whole ammo pool.

Guass technology wouldn't have recoil or barrel flash techically. Neither would most energy weapons.
  7. Lamat

No they accelerate a projectile using magnetic rails, there is no explosion inside the gun to cause a reverse force.
  8. Goretzu

There'd be recoil, as in Newton's Laws of Motion. The method of acceleration doesn't really matter.

Although, of course, there's always "nanites".
  9. toxs

Because:

"I tried to run up point blank with my T9/Orion to shoot the blue robot with 3 shotguns on each arm but, he killed me instantly this is OP bull#### nerf it now!!!"

-TR/VS
  10. Aegie

True, equal and opposite- if you want a projectile to go forward with X amount of force then you will have X amount of force backward.

The difference with a magnetic rail is that this force is not applied in nearly as truncated a time frame as with an explosion. A magnetic rail gun does not apply all X amount of force at time Y, instead it applies a relatively small amount of force over a relatively long amount of time so it would feel completely different firing such a weapon were it hand held. Indeed, the if both a traditional and magnetic rail gun were to fire a projectile with identical mass at identical muzzle velocity then the amount of recoil force over time would be equal but the traditional weapon would experience this as large amounts of brief recoil force (bang...bang...bang) whereas the magnetic rail weapon would experience this as a small amount of more or less constant recoil force (puuussshhh puuuussshhh puuuussshhh). In other words, the recoil force from tradition firearms is stepwise whereas magnetic rail would be more linear.

Bottom line- PS2 does not even do basic physics well, how would you expect them to do complicated physics?

I mean, for 4+ months they did not even understand Newton's Third Law (the law of equal and opposite reaction), hence why flinch was broken and needed fixing.
  11. Lamat

Sure, extremely marginal recoil just from the shifting mass, but nothing like a conventional firearm.
  12. MrK

Physically speaking, why?
    If your force pushing forward the bullet is magnetic instead of explosive, why is it pushing the gun in the opposite direction any LESS than an explosive force? The fixed point were the magnetic force applies is STILL the gun itself, AFAIK.
  13. Lamat

The explosive force pushes outwards both against the gun itself and the projectile. The coil uses fast switching magnetic force to pull the projectile forward accelerating its velocity until the clears the barrel and continues on its path.
  14. MrK

and the coil is still attached to the gun, no? Genuine question, because I fail to see how basic action/reaction laws disappear suddenly :)
  15. Lonecompany

A shotgun under-barrel attachment for a double barreled shotgun?
  16. Lamat

In addition to the shifting masses you also have a chemical reaction with expanding gas inside the gun that is not present in a coilgun.
  17. BoomBoom4You

You can tell VS got the majority of the attention from the designers, especially aesthetically. NC gear looks terribad.

And if VS gets spandex, we should get leather -- at least leather jackets and possibly leather pants (chaps preferably).
  18. Lonecompany

How about a sniper round that splits into 6 pellets mid-flight?
  19. Lamat

A sniper rifle that shoots Stew360s wearing nanoweave and resist shield 5.
  20. NinjaTurtle

I will cry at the lack of SOE and their unoriginality