NC combat medic medium close range AR

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by nick779, Feb 15, 2013.

1. irishroy

hmm well^^
    you get extra dmg at closerange-combat, but loose dmg at medium-long-range.
    and it adds more vertical recoil (i think)...
    and i dunno, if the SPA's vertical recoil can be reduced with the foregrip.
    but for a medic, who uses the GR-22 only for indoor/CQC-combat, i would suggest getting the SPA and the laserpointer.

but i am not sure...

i always used no SPA(2x laserpointer, 3.4) and the TRs/VSs dropped like flies in CQC^^
    (i didn't notice a big difference with and without SPA)
  2. MrK

I didn't see this thread, but I missed some misconceptions here. Didn't read the thread referenced, but :
    This is very wrong. Very :)
    Forward grip do NOT affect vertical recoil. It affects horizontal recoil only. And NC weapons, while having the most vertical recoil, have the least horizontal recoil (and horizontal recoil is a statistics which is NOT listed in ps2.dynet.com charts). That's why they are the least affected by a forward grip.

Vertical recoil is affected by compensator, and you'll feel its effects on NC weaponry.

As well, Forward Grip is not so much about giving more "burst time", because the ability to keep firing for a longer time is only affected by CoF, not recoil, and Forward Grip does not affect CoF
  3. nick779

i already bought the forward grip and I can see a difference, im questioning soft points now
  4. MrK

For GR-22, yes, forward grip is noticeable, because GR-22 is not a NC weapon, more of a TR weapon, thus doesn't have the low horizontal recoil normal NC weapons do share ;)
  5. ladiesop

Any evidence for this?

BTW, there is a video of someone comparing the forward grips on the Gauss SAW (none, normal and advanced), and it did seem to have some effect on vertical recoil.
  6. MrK

If I remember to do it, I'll check-test it, but mainly, I say this because it's what it's supposed to be doing : forward grip for horizontal recoil, compensator for vertical recoil, laser sight for hipfire CoF. That's what tools descriptions state. And what I've seen in game so far
  7. Phaustus

Glad to see I'm not the only one that knows about this (actually, I didn't even know about this until 2 weeks ago, when I modified the famous spreadsheets for my personal use to include horizontal recoil for all weapons, so that I can make more educated choices).

It is true that NC, for the most part, have the lowest horizontal recoil on weapons. And foregrips are thought to offer a percentage-based decrease in horizontal recoil, so they will indeed affect NC weapons the least.

That said, ARs tend to have fairly high horizontal recoil. In fact, the Carnage BR has *higher* horizontal recoil than vertical, so would benefit tremendously from a foregrip (in fact, it has one of the biggest horizontal recoil out of all weapons in the game).

The GR-22 has horizontal recoil that happens to be pretty much equal to vertical recoil (0.225 on average) so would also benefit quite a bit from a foregrip (anything over 0.2 for horizontal recoil is "high" in my opinion).

Since a laser sight only affects hipfire accuracy, and OP already said he liked to ADS more often than not (even in CQC), then a laser sight would prove useless most of the time, while a foregrip would always benefit him (albeit not as drastically).

As for SPA, it has been mentioned by a dev that soft point will actually not *decrease* minimum damage at all (contrary to popular belief). All it does is increase the falloff range (and also increases minimum damage range). So it's pretty much strictly a bonus, especially if you want to fire in close/medium range most of the time. Note, however, that since it decreases bullet velocity, it will make a weapon that's bad at long range even worse (since you will have to lead your target more).

As far as scopes are concerned, I think it's all a matter of personal preference. I don't use anything higher than 1x on any weapon (very rarely 2x reflex if I know I won't ever need to shoot at close/medium range), but some people like to use magnifying scopes all the time... I also like the IR/NV scope the most, and use it even during the day. I find that the crosshairs make it easier to line up headshots and see where i'm actually shooting.

• Up x 1