NanoWeave5 + Resist shield worth it?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by DCWarHound, Jun 18, 2013.

1. DCWarHound

Like the title says,i've gone up against enemy heavies in the higher tanks (70-100BR) and i'm noticing that some of them are insanely hard to kill and can tank allot of shots.

I don't know how they stack together or how much resist shield negates but i do know NW5 gives 125 shields and 125 health.
  2. chrisbeebops

IIRC nanoweave does not increase shields, only health. So at NW5, you have 500 shields and 750 health. Resist shield decreases damage by a constant percentage. So, the more shield+health you have, the more benefit the Resist shield gives you.

Whether or not NW5 is worth it, depends on your play style and how often you play Heavy Assault. 1000 certs for the last level of NW is a lot for such a small gain over NW4. Personally, I have only certed NW4 and often I will run with Grenade Bandolier so I can bring 3xConcs or 3xAV Grenades.
  3. Regpuppy

The rule for heavy nanoweave is max default for solo and less coordinated squading. Resist for coordinated squading (since nano + resist + medic aura makes you extremely tough), and adrenaline if you plan on aimbotting since that's the only way that that one will regularly pay out. lol

Resist shield is definitely worth it, but you'll need to carry 2+ med kits and/or have a medic nearby at all times to recover from each battle. Plus it's one of those things you have to max to get the benefit of. Nanoweave 5 isn't as important as getting maxed resist and the med kits. nano 4 is good enough until you're done with those.

You also have to learn to pop your resist shield before taking damage. Because the less health/shields you start with the less effective it is. So it's very important to keep yourself topped off.
  4. Messaiga

Speaking of that, it is kind of dumb how the benefit of the Heavy's shield abilities wear off if you are all out of regular shields, also, I noticed that the resist shields actually do lose some energy when you are being shot, I don't know why, but they do.
  5. Hibiki54

Yes, it is worth it.