Nanoweave 5 Worth it?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by TheBloodEagle, Oct 15, 2014.

1. TheBloodEagle

I've been at Nanoweave 4 for about a year but always just use ASC as standard and jump to other stuff when needed. Would it be worth dumping the 1000 certs to finish it off?
  2. Borsty

I can be the difference between dying and surviving. So, yes!
  3. nehylen

It's not worth 1K over Nanoweave 4 in my opinion, but then if you're using your HA often, it's always a little thing more. Nanoweave 4 is equivalent to 1176hp, while nanoweave 5 is equivalent to 1250hp. So Nanoweave 4 is going to add 2 shots to either a 143 damage gun or a 167 damage gun.
    Nanoweave 5 won't change anything in that respect.

That's theoretical though, as you are going to get intermediate values as soon as you're off the CQC range of the gun and also shots in the legs (90% of nominal damage), and then the interaction with how much overshield you have in reserve if NMG/Adren shield, or how many headshots in the mix of damage received (since they ignore nanoweave). So there's quite a few number of possibilities outside that scope, which probably make lv.5 advantageous over lv.4 for a few of them.

A boost but not a game changing one over 4 (which is really THE important nanoweave threshold).
  4. johnway

Tbh all my classes are at lvl4 and only recently have i got lvl5 for my HA. i was running out of things to buy and i was just interested to see how much of a difference it would make on my most use class. At 1000 certs its a bit steep and 1000 could be used elsewhere.

And honestly? i don't see much of a difference, yeah i might survive in some encounters but no more then usual.
  5. Iridar51

6. CipherNine

I bought last rank of nanoweave for my heavy assault. Went back to ASC... waste of 1000 certs :(
  7. Jogido

almost no 1000 cert final tier is worth it.

but you can go ahead and get it if you have a surplus of certs and got everything else you already need.
  8. tgipier

sure. I dont like ASC on direct combat classes. That and it nerfs the gauss saw against you. That alone is worth it IMO.
  9. Diilicious

simply put, no its not worth it.

My engineer had nanoweave 4 for the majority of its time like you say.

I got nanoweave 5 and I infact felt that I died MORE frequently to infantry machine guns that i had done for the entire time with only 4, and of course you cant go back. the TTK in the game is so quick in the game anyway that it really doesnt matter.

I immediately swapped out the garbageweave for extra C4/tankmines/bouncing bettys and have never looked back.

nanoweave is just not worth any certs now that ive had my other stuff on, waste of time, the benefit it gives you is not big enough to justify its cost.
  10. Moz

It will only help if you have level 5 in ideal range.

Do the math, it only stops a SINGLE bullet if you have rank 5.

Obviously it becomes more useful at range.

IMHO, when talking nanoweave:

Max level or go home.
  11. lawn gnome

BAH! armor.

i coat myself in grenades! EXPLOSIONS ARE THE ONLY ARMOR I NEED!
  12. MiniSentrygun

Well Lvl 5 Flak armor can block a rocket.
  13. Jogido

and I love flak armor.

I guess I should clarify a bit...realistically the cost per benefit ratio is way down on 1000 certs final levels. So it is not worth it in that respect.

I think it's definitely something you should get eventually, but I would check out any other certs I need before dropping 1k on a final level.
  14. Niramartlu

Totally worth it, saved my *** dozens of times in 1to1 duels with skilled players or 0/75 ADS weapons or just from my enemy got first shot on me. Must have in infantry battles.
  15. DrBash00

Well, if you think about spending 1000 certs for a weapon, better get your nanoweave first!!
    Because a weapon is just different, while the 1000 certs "dumped" in your armor IMPROVE your armor without any disatvandedge....

;-)