[BUG] Nanoweave 5 + dropoff is causing bolt headshots to not kill

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Hoki

I experienced this for the first time last night. I use the SR-7 bolt action rifle and for the first time had a non-max infantryman survive a headshot from long range.

I don't know where people get the numbers from but someone says that headshots are 150% damage.
    Well 150% of 750 (the damage of a SR-7) is 1125, which is exactly how much HP an infantryman has with full shields and full nanoweave 5 health.

Now when I shot this light assault, he was standing still, with full health unmolested for at least 20 seconds, so I know he wasn't already damaged. Also I wasn't even at very long range, but barely long range.
    When you get a bodyshot with the SR-7 you break through the shields and do a couple bars of health damage, so I know this wasn't a bodyshot. The light assault survived with less than 1 bar of health. A strong breeze would have finished him off, but the point is that he survived at all. Bolt action + headshot is supposed to be a 1-shot kill.

So I don't know what numbers to tweak to fix this or if you write some special code for bolt-actions, but it was the result of nanoweave 5 + damage dropoff, and I consider this a bug.

More on this topic here:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/infiltrator-science-headshots-nanoweave.69344/