Nano armor kit 6?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Azren, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Azren

Anyone knows what changes between nano armor kit 5 and 6?
    Level five costs 150 certs, level six goes for 500. Does this big increase in cert need mean an equally large increase in repair speed?
  2. SirBurning

I do not think so.
    The Jump from level 5 to level 6 on the Medical Applicator is quite huge. But I do not think this is the case for the Repair tool. Mostly because it repairing to fast will be Overpowered.
    I myself am on Rank 5 at the moment. I will hold off on the Rank 6 until actual stats appear which show what improvement it brings.
  3. Stromberg

the increase is another 5% in repair speed, like every level. noticeable is the fact, that you can repair a turret with only one overheat.
  4. Azren

Thanks for the info. I don't think 5% is worth 500 certs to me right now, maybe in a few months :)
  5. InducedApathy

It's not you're correct. If it was as much of an upgrade as the medic tool then yes.
  6. KraggTheGrim

Maybe they should toss in some increased repair distance. Medics and res people from pretty far away, but we have to be practically on top of our targets to repair them.
  7. Wesir

You know you can stop before it reaches that point and it cools down faster?
  8. ScorpDK

that would be too logical and actually reduce TKs through vehicle runovers, so I doubt they would ever consider increasing our repair distance. :/
    Seriously, why do I have to hug a Magrider to repair it and why does standing ontop of it hurt me when it starts driving. I should be able to stand on a moving tank...
  9. Riftmaster

It would be VERY useful if I could stand outside the blast radius of shells hitting a phalanx turret while repairing it.

Very.
  10. Riftmaster

Found that out a few days in. Repair til a fraction of a bar before overheat, and then stop.

Cool down is faster AND you can start repairing before the cool down finishes, if necessary.