[Suggestion] Nanite Systems' Main Battle Tank

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Destroyer0370

Should they give them a unique ability, or make it that it automatically cycles through all 3 factions Empire specific capabilities which in itself is unique too?

i.e. Playing as any faction, while and NS soldier, a person can then equip the "cycle module/whatever it is named" in the ability slot of the tank that does the cycling, so it might start out as speed boost, then switches to the NC type shield, then TR Barrage, and back again(Speed->Shield->Barrage->Speed). ...just a thought.

Still I think some people would like to see a NS special ability otherwise than that?
  2. TRspy007

Maybe an ability that makes their shots dead accurate for 10 seconds, or a buffed version of fire suppression. Whatever the ability, it shouldn't be too game changing, because NS ops are supposed to have a support role, and making their vehicles/weapons too interesting would make everyone want to be an NS ops, which would kill the point of the game and their purpose.
  3. InexoraVC

Yeah, add "Press to win" button for MBTs. Suggestion like this will totally destroys the game.
  4. TR5L4Y3R

give the NS mbt a maincannon that is on par with the VSvariant, or somewhere between VS and NC

helth and mobitlitywise it should be somewher between NC and TR mbt

NS ability should be a damageboost for the maincannon either for a short ammount of time or like for the next say 5 shots ...

NS mbt could be a bit of a glasscannon ...
  5. Pikachu

It could look something like this.
    [IMG]
  6. Liewec123

imho it'd be too big an undertaking to give them a new MBT, ESF and max (complete with weapons)
    so they should just give the standard NSO infantry something unique to make up for it,
    i suggested elsewhere that we should maybe give NSO bots 4 implant slots instead of 2!
    • Up x 1
  7. TRspy007

LOL man just seeing that in game would make everyone die - of laughter:D

I think if NS gets an MBT, it should be a support tank, since their primary role as NS is to support.
    [IMG]

Something more along the lines of this, a very slow, very bulky tank that would be useful in breaking stalemates, be that infantry or vehicles, this would be a very powerful mobile artillery piece. With a small ammo pool, longer reload time and a little bit trickier aim, this MBT would work best in an armor column, sitting back firing rounds to disperse enemies as the allied faction advances. The tank would carry 4 people, so it is not too vulnerable by itself if manned by a coordinated squad.
  8. Pikachu

The last thing people want is more explosive weaponry. Also there would be a huge mismatch between the size of the gun and the damage it would have in PS2.
  9. Demigan

We could do something with the Colossus tank.

https://images.app.goo.gl/4XkwWiiWUn3oWBcP9

The vehicle could be geared towards support to defeat enemy overpop. For starters you could allow NS robots call down one of those crates and open it to generate the Colossus. This circumvents the problem of the vehicle spawns always being overrun when you are outpopped.

The main canon could deal massive damage, but require lets say 3 seconds to charge up. While charging the turret its rotational speed decreases. This means that you are better off targeting larger groups of vehicles.

Maybe some turrets can be added, rear turrets with Halberds or even the AV turrets from bases to protect against flanking and rear attacks, front turrets that help support the main gun.
    Allow players to spawn at the vehicle, perhaps even spawn Lightnings and Sunderers to assault the enemy.

Its not the best idea and needs refining, but it could become good I think.
    • Up x 1
  10. TR5L4Y3R

i rather think the collosus tank should be availble to all factions as a high cost PMB only spawnoption for sieges, topguns should have ES weapons allong with NS weapons like MBTs ..

for the NS faction´s mbt DBG could use the prototypetank and make it like a glasscannon of sorts as i mentioned earlier ...
  11. iller

I thought the NS MBT was just called the Harasser? (b/c they tend to outlive most real MBT's now days)
  12. TR5L4Y3R

oh you mean to say the harraser wasn´t the mbt for all factions in the first place?