[Suggestion] Nanite Repair Grenade

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, Aug 1, 2015.

1. day ofm one

Do we want one Engineer being able to repair all MAXes around like a Repair Sunderer does with vehicles?
    I doubt it.
    But do we want to have an alternative to MANA turret kills in the Engineer directive tree?
    According to the community, we do.
    So let me present: the Nanite Repair Grenade.
    To prevent one Nanite Repair Grenade from repairing multiple MAX units at once, t it has to be attached to a suited MAX unit or vehicle in order to unfold its full functionality.
    Over the time of ten secods, it repairs a damaged MAX unit by up to 20%, a damaged tank or Sunderer by 10% and light armored vehicles by 15%, giving the Engineer the opportunity to use his gun in heated combat.
    Skillful Engineers spread the rumours, that ESFs and Valkyries can be repaired by 15%, Liberators by 10% and Galaxies not at all when a Nanite Healing Grenade is attached to it.
    In order to carry the Nanite Repair Grenade, the Engineer gives up his regular or Sticky Grenade.
    The Grenade Bandolier allows the Engineer to carry up to four Nanite Repair Grenades, the effect of the grenades does not stack up on the same target however.
    In other words, give the Engineer a grenade that works like the Nanite Healing Grenade, only that it sticks to a surface like the Anti Vehicle Grenade, has a very small radius so it is only effective when attached directly to a target and repairs instead of heals, while sticking two grenades at the same target has the same effect as only one.
    • Up x 3
  2. AlterEgo

Incredibly simple idea. Wouldn't be surprised if the devs made it, man:)
    • Up x 2
  3. ColonelChingles

Engineers should have a "revive" grenade but for vehicles and MAXes instead!

Once an Engineer throws this grenade, it revives all MAXes at 100% health and restores all vehicle wreckages to 100% health as well.

:D
    • Up x 1
  4. tijolo

Sounds good. I can already see videos of people making long ranged saves on burning vehicles and repairing ESF on the air with it.