Name 3 things you would want to be improved in PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Baulk, Jan 11, 2015.

1. z1967

1. Bug and stability fixes. This comes first above all other content. Few exceptions.

2. Finish unfinished features (or at least get them to their next phases)

3. Gameplay improvements (better Air and ground interaction, AV and AI weapon adjustments for counter play etc.)

4. (a pretty please with an auraxian cherry on top) The LA revamp that we have been waiting for since release. ffs the medic got an update before the Light Assault :| I don't think I need to convey all the ideas that people have been posting since 2012, RadarX probably has that bookmarked somewhere anyway.
    • Up x 1
  2. MallowChunkage

After that last patch, CPU usage. (Seriously, 4.6 Ghz only getting 35-50 FPS in large battles now? Gonna need at least 5.0 for a good experience >.<)
    Underbarrels, Nades are in a good place, smoke doesnt last long enough, shotgun should be pump action with very limited ammo or at least two shots before reloading.
    Deal with A2G being able to farm massive amounts of kills from a range outside of effective flak range (I'm looking at you LPPA)
    • Up x 1
  3. Haya jii san

Meta
    Meta
    Meta
  4. GiorgyGR

1)Remove lag compensation&&Fix hit detection
    2)Remove lag compensation&&Fix hit detection
    3)Remove lag compensation&&Fix hit detection

Before flaming begins..
    YES it's a fact Lag compensation (and the way it's being used last 5 years) always favor problematic connections (intentionally or no) leaving the *healthy connections in disadvantage of maybe 1.5-2 seconds most of times.
    Combine the above with the hit detection.. oh!..i always wonder if hit registration on Europe servers is authenticated on Europe server.
  5. taxidriver

1.) Hitching, connection issues
    2.) redundant bases (abandoned NS offices for example), biolab overhaul
    3.) this is still the best game ever
  6. Champagon

1. A new continent
    2. Meta-game (Resource Revamp II)
    3. Vehicle Hacking/Weapon Looting

I will remain a FREE player until at least one of these are implemented
  7. I play by many names

1. Fix bugs/fix performance.
    2. Complete vehicle revamp with proper vehicle/infantry relationship and balance.
    3. Finish resource revamp, put an end to no skill force multiplier spam.
  8. amega

-poor perfomance
    - fps jumps
    -VS
  9. TheRunDown

Mines more about what I want in the game, than actually fixing problems :p

1 Remove Check Points and Replace with Control Consoles, add T-Rek to Universal Slot (Count Down Capture for Main Bases, Really long Hacking Bar with Instant capture for outposts. Like PS1)
    2 Add New Gerneator to main bases, "Facility Generator" Controls Phalanx Turret power, SCU shield and Linked Benefits.
    3 Remove SCU Shield from Tug-War-Timer, Move to Generator, creates more objective game play and technical team play.
    • Up x 2
  10. DirArtillerySupport

1. The end of Consoles...FOREVER!
    2. Planetside 3
    3. AT-AT Walkers
  11. z1967

I thought you were serious until I saw the AT-AT walkers :|
  12. AlterEgo

3. Improved faction aesthetics (TR wearing capes and holding banners, NC wearing actual armor and badazz helmets, and VS wearing something other than spandex and looking more modified than they currently do).
    2. Improved faction lore. Pretty obvious, what I mean.
    1. Improved faction flavor (TR being faster, NC being stronger, and VS being more... alien, as in explosive plasma and strange weapons).
  13. vanbarbee

Yup, this guy's got it down. Monstrous laptop that ran PS2 like a dream when I got it a year ago, and now its like someone threw a literal wrench into the damn thing (on the other hand, I can play every game other than a certain SOE product now, so there's that). I had to take a month-long break from it because I was so damn tired of complaining about the hitching, and what's happened since then? THE HITCHING IS WORSE THAN EVER. Also, I'm not tired of complaining anymore. Getting there though.
  14. Jake the Dog

Whats not serious about AT-ATs? Those would be the **** in this game.
  15. CuteBeaver

-Server performance regarding hit reg / actual player location (jitter too because omg)
    -Give LA's a tool.
    -Spawns per minute (energy) on bases - so to reduce mega zergs and redeployside. It was suggested on reddit a while ago that stuff like Sundies, and beacons could be used to help supplement your spawning capacity. However the bases themselves depending on size could only reconstruct so many players and then would be temporarily unavailable until refresh. Was a good read but its probably lost by now.

IMO get the game stable first, and give the LA's a tool before this reaches PS4.
  16. jettblakk

1: Reason to capture and control territory.
    2: Joint servers for PC and PS4 with full controller and keyboard/mouse support on both platforms to level the playing field. This will also force unified development and patching for a stable stream of game updates. (quality over quantity) Also this will unify the business model that will hopefully make both platforms profitability connected so we PC master race do not get abandoned if it becomes easier to get money from the console peasants.
    3: Outfit progression and rewards for territory control and other measurable statistics. This could be totality cosmetic in titles or camos so that dominate outfits can show off without getting benefits that unbalance the game.
  17. Bernardes

1) 1) Loading and Redeploy time. After 30-Oct-14 patch both functions take several minutes to complete and due to that I fell I am wasting my time waiting… It is ridiculous…
    2) 2) Map delays too much to appear after 30-Oct-14 patch and sometime it even don’t appear.

3) 3) Buff Banshee and Proton PPA. SOE destroyed both…
  18. zaspacer

Big Changes
    1) Add Radar Inside Faction Borders (lights up enemy Air more than 1 space inside an enemy Faction 's territory, light it up on Mini-Map and Main Map; pushes players to play Faction Objective battles and not just farm/grief; also opens the way for non-redeployside deployment with out having Air just dominate by picking off players traveling to battle outside zerg support)
    2) Better Player-to-Player Communication Support (either make channels for non-Squads to talk, or link up all Squads in a Faction beyond just those in the same Command Structure; give Air Channel (on each Continent) so pilots on Faction can communicate, Base channel so all people at base can communicate, etc.; game as currently stands has worse Faction communication than almost any FPS on the market, until it's improved, players will be locked into just joining and following the randomly navigating zerg.
    3) Alternate Objectives (right now players can only pursue the Infantry Objective of capping a base; the exception to this is Holiday Events which offers a variety of Objectives including Vehicle Objectives; make more full time Objectives that support using different units in different combinations to achieve them: things like knocking out a power grid with AV from Vehicle or Infantry to open up extra lattice connections for the attacker)

Easy Changes
    1) Deployed Ally Sunderers have unique designation on Mini-Map (players can find the deployed one in a Sundere zerg, players know if one needs to be deloyed, etc.)
    2) Scythe HUD color changed (hard to see the HUD/crosshair when against blue sky; can sell different ones like Weapons offer different sites on Scopes)
    3) Make sure all Factions have a Long Range Infantry AV option. Even if it's weak. (tired of seeing Sunderer(s) on hills as a dominant strategy)
    4) Thermal Optics Work On Esamir (currently Thermal Optics are blown out at most times/locations on Esamir when looking at a target against the snow [such as from Air to Ground], this just makes people avoid playing on that Continent; make Thermal Optics usable there so more players want to play there)
    • Up x 1
  19. Pikachu

Better looking sun.
    Better gun aesthetics.
    Less bases. F'k satelittes.

Less realistic wishes:
    Better performance.
    Better lighting.
  20. Reyj21

- Balance (especially vanu tanks)
    - Hitboxes (can't shoot through obvious gaps and hit allied players that are barely in my FOV)
    - Netcode (long range teleportation, close range getting killed around walls)