[Suggestion] My thoughts on what would be a good buff for the Full Auto Scout Rifles.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by TekFish, Jul 4, 2015.

1. TekFish

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, but I have been playing the game for a couple of years. One of the things I had noticed was that the Full Auto Scout Rifles sounded like they suited my Infiltrator playstyle perfectly. I like high rate of fire weapons, as they are less punishing if you miss, and I like the fact they are good at medium range. But obviously they are outclassed by SMGs and other rapid-fire weapons in CQC and by a lot of things at range too. Here are some things I think could make them better:

ADS 0.5 --> 0.75
    I think that this makes a lot of sense, since CQC and Mid-Range Infiltrators need to be quick, you could peek corners a little easier so you can see targets.

Max Damage 143/10m --167/15m OR 143/20m
    One thing I noticed is that the NS7-PDW seems to be able to put out more damage per second, even at the ranges where the Full Auto Scout Rifle is meant to shine. I think by narrowing the damage drop off at these medium ranges, we could make it a lot more effective within these ranges, while still keeping at a disadvantage to SMGs and others at close range.

Long reload 3s --> 2.5 or 2.6
    A 3 second reload on a gun that only has 24 rounds in a mag is not fun. For example the NC's AX-C11 (I know it's a carbine, but I think my point is still valid.) also has 24 rounds in a magazine. It's short reload is 2.045 and long is 2.75, however that weapon also has a 200max - 143min damage profile, meaning it can make better use of the bullets it has. The Full Auto Scout Rifles don't have that, so why give them a longer reload time?

Ammo
    The final thing I will say is that with either Soft Point or HVA the FA Scout Rifle would do a lot better I think, it would allow the gun to be a bit more versatile, giving the Infiltrator a weapon that could be adapted for a good number of situations.

TL;DR
    ADS 0.5 --> 0.75
    Max Damage 143/10m --> 167/15m OR 143/20m
    Long Reload 3s --> 2.5s OR 2.6s
    Soft Point AND HVA available.

It's my first time doing this and I'm sorry if I fudged some of the numbers, what do you guys think would imrove them?

TekFish
    • Up x 3
  2. Navron

The Stalker is a great Auto Scout Rifle...if you don't miss.
  3. Jawarisin

Both SPA and HVA would be useless and dumb to use. That change is meaningless.

As for everything else... maybe reload speed, MAYBE. But I don't think they need a buff. They are extremely strong weapons already.
  4. TekFish

Can I ask why SPA and HVA would be useless? I mean for a close to mid range weapon surely SPA would help with damage drop of and for a medium to longer range HVA would help?
  5. TekFish

For some reason the wiki says 3s long reload speed and the game says 2.64. Do we know which it actually is?
  6. Ximaster

Just aim at the head,truely nice kills.
  7. AlterEgo

ES Changes.

SOAS has triple the barrels, triple the fire rate, and triple the magazine, but three times less damage.

Stalker has triple the damage, triple the velocity, and triple the range, but triple the reload time.

Artemis has triple the accuracy, three times less recoil, and triple the reload speed, but three times less velocity.
    BOOM. Balance achieved.
  8. TekFish

...can't tell if serious or just trolling...
  9. HamOnRye

About the only time SPA become relevant is for 167 damage guns is to push the 3 headshot kill range to 15 metes. So you could make changes with HVA and SPA but the truth is both are very minor factors.

However pushing out the maximum damage range (similar to what they are doing on the Polaris and Rhino) might be an interesting differentiation for these guns.

Good post and keep the ideas coming!
  10. AlterEgo

When I said triple the barrels, you only knew what it was.

What I was trying to say is that your changes are just flat. No spice, no sprinkles, no WAKHAM... just flat. What I suggested might have been three times as fun, but definitely three times more unique.