[BUG] My screen cuts off at 1440x900 resolution

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Random05, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Random05

I'm playing on an Acer V193W Monitor at 1440x900 @60Hz resolution and using the fullscreen game setting cuts off the right side of the screen, i can't see the red door logout icon in the right. Using the fullscreen windowed graphic setting fixes this issue but gives me bad performance. I wanted to upload a screenshot but it shows the whole screen without the issue when i take it:

[IMG]

Any ideas of what is happening? My GPU is a GTX 660 with the latest drivers (398.36).
  2. MichaelMoen

This makes me think of that Adjust Screen whatever option in Console games where you have to tell it where the boundaries of your screen are and it'll render the image within it. Actually have no idea if there's a similar thing going on here, like if the game thinks your screen is larger than it is so it's stretching the image to fit, which would make the exit icon be clipping off screen.

I know, dumb question time but are you sure your monitor's native resolution is 1440x900?
  3. Random05

I would like to have that option in PC i have already googled for that but didn't find anything.
    Yes, I checked that in the nvidia control panel. 1440x900 is native resolution.
  4. DarkStarAnubis

PS2 2D UI is not opmitized for all resolutions. I am running at 4K (3840 × 2160) and the minimap is unreadable (have to increase it every time) and the message console text often can't be read: in 2D mode I can increase the text size but the changes are not propagated to the 3D view.

Don't use full-screen window, you get an FPS performance drop.
  5. FateJH

What does your UserOptions.ini file say about the Fullscreen dimensions under [Display]?
  6. Random05

So it's basically a problem with the game? No way to fix it?
    This is everything that stays under display

[Display]
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    FullscreenWidth=1440
    FullscreenHeight=900
    WindowedWidth=1024
    WindowedHeight=768
    Maximized=0
    RenderQuality=1.000000
  7. typnct

[Display]
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    FullscreenWidth=1440
    FullscreenHeight=900
    WindowedWidth=1440
    WindowedHeight=900
    Maximized=0
    RenderQuality=1.000000

try this
  8. HippoCryties

Great answer. Completely off topic here but do you know what the maximised =0 actually does?