My Opinion after testing the ASP PTS Update.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DIGGSAN0, Mar 30, 2018.

1. DIGGSAN0

I did feel like my Opinion does not count for some DBG until i did test the PTS. *cough* Rox "cough*

So I tested it Yesterday evening (Thanks for Gamemaster Shaql for giving me 100 ASP for every kill) :p

I hope my opinion is now given worth by the Devs for the invested 5 Hours on PTS instead of 2500+ Hours on Live >_>

First things first. The Pistol buffs:

NS-44L Blackhand
    Max damage range from 5m to 20m
    Equip time from 250ms to 450ms
    Hipfire CoF while standing and crouching from 2 to 1.75
    Hipfire CoF while walking and crouchwalking from 3 to 2.5

NS-44L Showdown
    Max damage range from 5m to 8m
    Refire rate while ADS from 500ms to 333ms

NS-44 Commissioner
    Equip time from 250ms to 450ms

NS-45 Pilot
    Hipfire CoF bloom from 0.2 to 0.15
    Hipfire CoF while standing or crouching from 1.25 to 1
    Hipfire CoF while walking or crouchwalking from 1.75 to 1.5
    Now has access to an extended magazine option that increases magazine size by 3.

NC Pistols

NC4 Mag-Shot
    Hipfire CoF bloom from 0.28 to 0.14
    Hipfire CoF while standing or crouching from 1.5 to 1.25
    Hipfire CoF while crouchwalking from 1.5 to 1.25

LA8 Rebel
    Hipfire CoF bloom from 0.36 to 0.18
    Hipfire CoF while walking or crouchwalking from 1.5 to 1.25
    ADS CoF while standing, crouching, walking, or crouchwalking from 0.3 to 0.1

LA3 Desperado
    Hipfire CoF bloom from 0.24 to 0.18
    Hipfire CoF while standing or crouching from 1.5 to to 1
    Hipfire CoF while walking or crouchwalking from 2 to 1.5

NC08 Mag-Scatter
    CoF bloom from 0.5 to 0
    Hipfire CoF while standing or crouching from 1.25 to 0.5
    Hipfire CoF while walking or crouchwalking from 1.75 to 1
    ADS CoF while standing or crouching from 0.1 to 0.5
    ADS CoF while walking or crouchwalking from 0.7 to 0.5
    Vertical recoil while ADS from 1 to 2
    Magscatter's Laser Sight attachment has been renamed the "MPL" and reduces hipfire pellet spread by -0.25

The Executive

TR Pistols

TX1 Repeater
    Hipfire CoF while standing or crouching from 1.5 to 1
    Hipfire maximum CoF from 7 to 2.5
    Removed the semi-auto firing mode

TX2 Emperor
    Hipfire CoF bloom from 0.24 to 0.12
    ADS CoF while standing, crouching, walking, or crouchwalking from 0.3 to 0.1

TS2 Inquisitor
    Hipfire CoF bloom from 0.2 to 0.15

The President
    Hipfire CoF while standing or crouching from 1.5 to 1
    Hipfire maximum CoF from 7 to 2.5
    Removed the semi-auto firing mode

VS Pistols

Beamer VS3

Manticore SX40
    Max damage range from 10m to 15m

Cerberus
    Hipfire CoF bloom from 0.36 to 0.18

Spiker
    Hipfire bloom from 0.22 to 0.15
    ADS bloom from 0.11 to 0.1

The Immortal

Review and Opinion of Pistols:
    I did expected a buff for the directive Pistols, because they where weaker than the standart variants.
    The Direcive Pistol do not feel worth the "grind" for it

I can not Test the Showdown or the Deringer on PTS, the Devs should consider it optainable on a Package like the Auraxium Weapons on PTS so we could get our hans on.
    However on paper it looks like a VERY precise hipfire monster.

I don't feel like these Weapons do need a Buff at all. 20m Maxrange on Blackhand would mean that it can oneshot a Infiltrator within 20m in the head. (However it didn't...maybe bugged)
    The Inquisitor was VERY VERY good before, it is a Monster on crack now!

These Buffs are very welcome to me, I would have enjoyed a Buff to Emissary also.
    The Pilot could have the higher Magazine size without changing it for the laser but it is welcome.
    Cerberus could have more Maxrange, Rebel could have faster Firerate.
    The other are perfectly good

The ASP opinion:

Unlocks Available through A.S.P.
    Universal
    • Sidearm Primaries - Allows use of sidearms in the primary weapon slot.
    • Universal Smoke Grenades - Unlocks access to Smoke Grenades on all classes.
    • Universal Decoy Grenades - Unlocks access to Decoy Grenades on all classes.
    • Light Ground Discount - Reduces Flash cost by 50% and Harasser cost by 20%.
    • Ground Transport Discount - Reduces ANT and Sunderer vehicle cost by 20%.
    • Combat Armor Discount - Reduces Lightning and Main Battle Tank vehicle cost by 20%.
    • Light Air Discount - Reduces ESF and Valkyrie vehicle cost by 20%.
    • Heavy Air Discount - Reduces Liberator and Galaxy vehicle cost by 20%.
    Engineer
    • Engineer Shotgun Secondary - Allows use of Shotguns in the secondary weapon slot.
    • Engineer LMG - Unlocks access to LMGs on the Engineer.
    • Engineer ARs - Unlocks access to Assault Rifles on the Engineer class.
    • Engineer Anti-Vehicle Grenades - Unlocks access to Anti-Vehicle Grenades on the Engineer.
    • Engineer EMP Grenades - Unlocks access to EMP Grenades on the Engineer.
    Light Assault
    • Light Assault SMG Secondary - Allows use of SMGs in the secondary weapon slot.
    • Light Assault Conc. Grenades - Unlocks access to Concussion Grenades on the Light Assault.
    Heavy Assault
    • Heavy Assault LMG Secondary - Allows use of LMGs in the secondary weapon slot.
    • Heavy Assault Flash Grenades - Unlocks access to Flash Grenades on the Heavy Assault.
    • Heavy Assault Heavy Secondary - Allows use of Heavy Weapons in the secondary weapon slot.
    Infiltrator
    • Infiltrator Carbines - Unlocks access to Carbines on the Infiltrator.
    • Infiltrator Sticky Grenades - Unlocks access to Sticky Grenades on the Infiltrator.
    • Infiltrator Flash Grenades - Unlocks access to Flash Grenades Grenades on the Infiltrator.
    Combat Medic
    • Combat Medic Battle Rifle Secondary - Allows use of Battle Rifles in the secondary weapon slot.
    • Combat Medic Carbines - Unlocks access to Carbines on the Combat Medic.
    • Combat Medic Concussion Grenades - Unlocks access to Concussion Grenades on the Combat Medic.

Review and Opinion of ASP:
    Delete these out of the System and replace them.

Infiltrator:
    I tested the Carbine for Infiltrator and I am Infiltrator main do belief that it is Overpowered. It means much that you hear THAT from ME. Other people suggested SMG as Secondary and that would be welcome by me too.
    It would be welcome if you put something there for Stalkers.
    Vehicles:
    Please don't do cheaper Vehicles. Harrasser, Flash and ESF are very spammable and are currently very strong.
    Heavy:
    LMG for Primary AND for Secondary is just too much. There are combos with auraxium LMG as Primary and the second best LMG for Secondary. 4
    Engineer:
    LMG shouldn't be there, really really not.
    Also... Shotgun for Secondary? Please no.
    And Assault rifle belong to Medics.
    I suggest that a Engineer who uses the Archer should be able to have a Carbine as secondary so they aren't caught offguard.
    Medic:
    The medic is the least played class ingame, it is statistically prooven that it is plyed less than 10% of all classes.
    I suggest give the Medic some spice, give him a Rocketlauncher as secondary. Not a carbine ans Primary.
    The medic deserves better and should be more supported.
    Again, the Good stuff here.
    Overall i appreciate the grenade variety. THAT is something people want.
    I appreciate the Support vehicles. You should try to connect the Players together, not divide them!
    Suggestions to the System:

Bugfixes:
    Finally fix the many Infiltrator bugs!
    These Weapons are more Visible during cloak:
    Emissary
    Blackhand
    Commissioner JE
    Slasher/ Auraxium Slasher
    Revel
    Manticore
    Emperor
    NS Pilot
    All the NSX Weapons
    Infiltrators cloak does not render before Holograms: (new on PTS)
    Terminals
    Holograms
    The Holopanels who are cover
    Others
    The NSX Kabuto Helmet is very visible during cloak.
    Random Infiltrator highlights inside Biolab and elsewhere. (Lighting up as shined with darklight) without getting shined with darklight

It is hard to make suggestions up on my own. but i definetly think it is worth trying it.
    There once was planned to invest the Directive Points for something special, it was scrached. Why do you not implement it like this?.
    i am all in for buying ASP points with Directive points instead of Levels. When you have reached the BR100 Line, you already should have some directive points.
    If my opinion does not take weight, maybe some of the other user are.
    • Up x 2
  2. DIGGSAN0

These Users Said:

[IMG]
    i can see some issues with the cross class weapons or perks, like heavy assault being able to pack 2 LMGs for example for any situation (of all the classes they don't need more flexibility in this regard) or infiltrators with GD7Fs and Lynx carbines.

i think engineers should get the ability to store their carbines in the secondary slot however.

as for new players i think they should scrap the point for the first 25 +new BR and just give it free out to all players so newer players have one point they can at least spend at the start and the buy in cost for the system should be lowered to not punish newer non-sub players too harshly.

See I have no particular problem with them being advantageous for the people who use them, my biggest gripe is that some are simply superior to others.

The grenade options should all be granting that 'nade type to all classes and decoy and smoke should be rolled into one to make it slightly less worthless.

There's no way I'm spend a point getting Concussion ;nades for my LA who already ha Flash 'nades to fill a similar role. But if they were being unlocked for all classes I'd be interested, it would become as competitive as some of the other options.

Similarly Carbines on Medics is pretty meh as they tend to be worse than ARs, presently there are about 25% of the options that I'd consider uncompetitive the the point of worthlessness, 7 that are really good and the other 11-12 are middle of the road.

[IMG]

Im kinda against making life harder for the newbs... it's a good way to bat away new potential money.... For you DB.

I know you want us to "try" the mentioned content before debating it heavily, but "trying" it could be entirely too late and drive people away. The game already suffers from a massive learning curve, why not allow just the Vets (/s)..... JUST THE VETS, to have weapons that are unobtainable to newbs.

This whole announcement is a turn off for me.

Here's a suggestion for ya', upon the advent discovery that the ASP is a not hoax, scrap everything and say it was. :p

But, if it is real, and we do have to have it implemented, I'd suggest removing all current options regardless and re-implementing small, more precise, specific, and niche rolls to the specialized playstyles a BR100+ veteran would be able to fulfill.

That, and lower or remove the laughable 10,000 cert cost for non-members. Not only could the cost not be any higher without making other changes due to the cert cap for non-members being 10,000 certs, but this creates a fairly substantial P2W gap between free players and members.

10K certs is a lot, especially for someone whom does not have access to double EXP weekends, a permanent EXP gain, and/or EXP boosts. I don't want to work and save all the way up to the cap just to drop down to zero without actually even getting anything meaningful out of it. And personally, again, if this isn't just an April Fools' joke, I would be very hesitant to spend my non-refundable ASP points on something that may be subject to radical changes or be entirely negated, made obsolete, or entirely eclipsed by a future addition.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

decoy grenades from everyone too, SO OP! (sarcasm)
    on a serious note, i'm not even sure how they decided what to include,
    on one hand we have the ability to replace your USEFUL grenades with USELESS decoy nades on any class,
    and on the other we have the ability to have godsaw and jackhammer in a single HA loadout.

A key problem here is that some options are blatantly superior to other options, and many options are more of a filler that no one would really pick. If you are going for such a system, all choices should be good enough that players want to pick them, something like smoke grenades or decoys doesn't fit into that.
    • Light ground discount.
      Not a fan, even cheaper Harassers? If vehicle balance was good (both vs infantry and other vehicles) then this wouldn't really be much of a problem as it doesn't boost the direct capabilities of the player, but as it stands it should not be here. I don't have an alternative yet.
    • Ground transport discount.
      I think it's pretty OK to have this one, although again vehicle balance really needs to be better.
    • Combat armor discount.
      MBT's for 360 nanites all day long? These farm machines shouldn't be cheaper. Although a good player isn't going to be having any trouble getting his resources back anyway so it doesn't matter too much in the end. Again, get your vehicle balance right before adding things like that.
    • Light air discount.
      Yeah like ESF pilots weren't dominating stuff already. Same thing as with ground vehicles: Get their balance right. The entire "ESF should murder just about everything" mantra should also be kicked out. I don't mind Valkyries getting cheaper though.
    • Heavy Air Discount.
      I don't think having 360 nanite flying tankdestroyers is going to be any good for the game.

In general, just look what class-specific suit slots, abilities and implants are used the least and add them as ASP perks. This way you create "prestige classes": anyone can play any class, but everyone has his favorite ones. So an ability to add an edge to favorite class(es), IMO, is more valuable than adding primary weapons in secondary slots.
    Another question that is burning in my mind: right now when I look at player I know what primary weapon he uses. I didn't have to know what secondary one is in hos pockets. But don't you think that shoguns, LMGs or even SMGs are too large to be carried in a pocket and it would be a good idea to alert people that this guy has a shotgun as his secondary?

In the end it is us Players who play the game. Period.
    if you liked my review please click a like, i have written like a hour by coloring and searching for all this stuff :)
    • Up x 3
  3. Pelojian

the best advice i can offer you is, when you make these leave the text the default color, the changes could have been listed as a hyperlink, when you comment about something you can quote it and then make the comment, lastly is the text size.

i don't know why you think making text different colors will make people read, cuz i only read about 20% or less of that(the actual review not the listed changes filler), by highlighting it with selection via mouse.
  4. DIGGSAN0

i did see that after posting, however too late so i couldn't edit it again :(
  5. JobiWan

Appreciate the effort, but really, I skipped most of it, font was too small, and those colours.
  6. LtBomber

Cheaper vehicles wont change much: It is allready now possible to run 2x recoursce boost with membership, and basically have your travel time use for getting full again. Cant see a problem here, since no one cares atm. This 20% bonus is negible versus the 150N income possible just now (3min MBT)
  7. DIGGSAN0

The little Text are the Patchnotes listened from the PTS.
    I did color them so i can leave my opinion on the Bottom which has the same color.
    I didn't that because i wanted to read you all that rainbow text, it was so you know WHICh opinion belongs to what part of the Patchnotes.

I did minimalise the PTS text so you have it easier to skip because maybe you have already read it.

I hope i have clarified why and what i did :)
  8. Gushroom

For me i really want to see engineers with lmg's.
    Also instead of carbine acces for infils why not make them be able to dual wield pistols!
  9. frozen north

While I have yet to get around to actually testing the PTS changes, I am definitely of the opinion that most of the ASP perks are not what they should be.

The HA ones in particular present a danger of pushing an already overly popular class to new absurd standards of usage. Engineer is kinda the same deal. They are already a versatile AF class, and this just pushes that into absurd territory.

The vehicle cost related ones tend to be either of no serious consequence, only useful in very specific cases, or stupidly useful to the point of being practically mandatory.

Plus, a lot of players have already pointed out some of the insane power potential that is being offered to specific play styles with this, to the point where I have to worry about the newer and non member players of this game.

Look daybreak, I get what your trying to do, I really do, but locking things with this much potential power behind a massive experience wall is not the way commemorate long time players and have the game remain balanced for all players. If anything, it is going to prevent new players from joining up, and trying this game. It risks killing this game once and for all.