[Music Compilation] Celebration of Planetside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TartarusMkII, Nov 21, 2012.

1. TartarusMkII

Hey everyone,

This was made during the Beta period to raise support for Don Ferrone, the composer who did the Planetside (1) soundtrack. Obviously, that means nothing now, but I thought I would share this with the forums, as I know many of you enjoyed it back in beta.

I hope you guys enjoy it, and I will see you on Auraxis!

Here is the video description from Youtube:

Hey everyone,
    I put together and mixed/mastered this to celebrate Don Ferrone's excellent sound track for the original Planetside. Many people agree that Don's music added to the grand unique feeling the entire game presented, and that without it, the game would be vastly different.

Also, the image used is of Tawrich TechPlant, from Planetside 2, at night. It's only meant to be something to stick there, really. The focus of the video is the music. Enjoy!

Track List:

0:00 - Planetside Main Title Loop

3:05 - Vanu Sovereignty Standard Sphere Of Influence

5:36 - Vanu Sovereignty Orbital Platform (Alternate Sanctuary)

7:35 - Temperate Travel

12:19 - Terran Republic Orbital Platform (Alternate Sanctuary)

13:56 - Terran Republic Loss Theme, which transitions into the Terran Republic Sanctuary Theme.

15:30 - Desert Travel

19:38 - New Conglomerate Orbital Platform (Alternate Sanctuary)

21:54 - New Conglomerate 'Warning' Sphere Of Influence

24:27 - New Conglomerate Sanctuary Theme

27:12 - Planetside Intro Theme (Yes, I am playing you out with the introduction ;p)

This music is owned by Sony Online Entertainment, and this is only meant as a fan video. Myself and my channel, are not affiliated with Sony Online Entertainment.
  2. Jack Pipsam

There doesn't seem to be as much music in Planetside 2.

SOE games have always had good music.
    Vanguard soundtrack is amazing, Everquest is a true gaming classic and The Matrix Online was like the best soundtrack to an MMO ever.
  3. TartarusMkII

Yea, it sucks that there isn't much music in PS2, but at least it isn't bad music!
  4. TartarusMkII

My audio card blew out because of Hurricane Sandy, but when I put my headset on to lead a squad, I found that I really did like the Vanu's music. It reminds me of TRON: Legacy, which I liked a lot.

Still not Don's, but still, I am happy the music in PS2 is good. What does anyone else think?
  5. TartarusMkII

I do like the music in PS2, but when I play PS2 with the PS1 soundtrack, (IMO) it really doesn't compare =(
  6. Intrinsic

PS2 music is decent in places. I'm just so used to the PS1 music over 9 years, and still not bored of it, the main title music is just so so damn good and when it gets to 00:40 it's /spurt time.
  7. TartarusMkII

LOL, yes, I agree.
  8. Kid Gloves

Something MANY media makers (games devs, TV producers, movie makers) underestimate is the importance of good music. Star Wars would not have been the success it was without John Williams' music. Game of Thrones' opening credit music sets the tone for the entire show, and the in-episode music is well done and establishes the emotion (Season1 ep9: Baelor music at the end - you know the part I mean!).

SOE are typically not one to underestimate music, but I for one would not object to having more PS1 music in PS2. Especially with some remastering/re-recording using better synth banks or (gasp) real orchestra.

Listening to that track makes me want to load up PS1 again. Make it F2P, get rid of BFRs and the servers will ALL crash from the insane influx of players. :D
  9. TartarusMkII

I believe SOE was considering Don Ferrone for PS2 but decided against him. I really don't know why. But oh well, that ship has sailed.
  10. TartarusMkII

Oddly enough, I noticed on PS2's IMDB page that Don is listed as "additional music". I don't recognize anything in PS2 that sounds like Don's work? Odd.
  11. Rivenshield

No, Don wrote a whole score. Most of its just hasn't been included in-game yet.
  12. TartarusMkII

I know he wrote the score, but from what I understand, a lot of Jeff Broadbent's music is what is in the game now. There doesn't feel like there is much room for 'more to be added'. What have you heard?
  13. TartarusMkII

The video is nearly at 750 views, minus the views received from this thread! I am surprised, and I hope you guys have liked it =)