Multiple Characters on Same Realm

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkRaptor55, Dec 13, 2012.

1. DarkRaptor55

With this new patch, you are now allowed to create multiple characters on multiple factions on the same server. My question is this... Why? I guess I don't see the point and I think it's a move in the wrong direction. People can now hop onto whichever faction is currently winning or swap out whenever they want to. Which may lead to server imbalances. This is just speculation of course. I'd like your thoughts on this. Why would you create multiple characters assigned to multiple factions on the same server? And do you think this will impact servers? Should the change have been made?
  2. Rivenshield

It's a sop to the CoD kiddies. I WANT I WANT I WANT convenience, speed, free XP, easy base assaults... and the ability to switch to the winning side at the drop of a hat.

/shrug
  3. Jimmy DeSouza

You could already do it though. Accounts are free. Make 3 (1 for each faction) and roll a char on each server.

People were already doing it. This change just makes it easier, because ultimately it doesnt change a thing.
  4. Talizzar

I guess creating a 2nd FREE account was too difficult? With Free accounts there is no way to stop the above anyway.

I am sure the guy that head shot his 2nd account 50k times is going to be a great player right? Probably not and I bet the devs catch up with these cheaters and show them the door.

One account lets you pool your SC so you don't have to spread it around. I will only play one faction per server.
    • Up x 1
  5. DarkRaptor55

Looks like I was a little short sighted there, I didn't even think about creating multiple station IDs to do this. I personally don't understand the logic however. I'm playing for my faction, I wouldn't touch the other two on the server I'm on. Now on a different server? Maybe, but unlikely
  6. Ghacero

Agreed you could have just made multiple accounts before, i'm only going to play one faction per server staying loyal!