Mousewheel or Numbers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BobSanders123, May 23, 2014.

1. Maelthra

Yes. And they say the dark side of the Force is more powerful. Ha!
  2. Demetrios

You might have to edit the XML, I don't know if they fixed it but binding the mouse wheel got broken in a patch and now it just scrolls the list of binds. Here's how to do that. Also, using numbers just runs deep, I wish this game had a quick swap bind like Q from CS but we can't have it all I guess.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. FateJH

So apparently I'm outnumbered by using the mousewheel for all weapon switching shenanigans.
  4. Iridar51

Hybrid. Mouse wheel forward is melee attack, while mouse wheel back switches to the next weapon (sidearm). Usually I use numbers to select what I need, though. At least I think I do.
  5. Corporate Thug

The only real thing that I have binded is my utility key, which is on my mouse for the quick injections or c4(except for LA since it's the 3rd slot, only on that character). I did move my primary and secondary weapon keys but if you are playing with the standard key bindings then they're not hard to access anyways. Scrolling works, just a bit slower.
  6. Arkenbrien

Numbers. I can't seem to select the weapon I want the first time consistently if I use the mouse.

I'm going to totally rebind the wheel to something else, though.
  7. Bush82

both always over shoot the mouse wheel and end up where i started. have auto sprint bound to the mouse too.
  8. kokocabana85

Numbers for weapons, mousewheel for minimap zooming. I never know which direction I need to scroll the wheel to get the weapon I want.
  9. Prudentia

Wheel. i have a G700 which has a very harsh wheel stopper so it's easy to stop at the slot i want it to.
    also when i'm in a firefight and have to switch weapons i do not want to move my fingers of the dance keys (WASDCtrl) as that gets me killed just as fast as not switching weapons at all.
    tough one thing you got to pay attention to when using wheel: either you are always squqdleader or never. cause the spawnbeacon can really throw off your selection.
  10. TheTickles

I am a hybrid. Mouse wheel when the weapon I need is next in the list. Otherwise I use the number buttons on the mouse itself (Have a razor naga with 12 extra buttons on it) for the rest.
  11. Bassett

Very nice, very nice.
  12. Prudentia

isn't it a bit hard to play CS without buying stuff, jumping, crouching or sneaking? :p
  13. Codex561

I got a genius way of doing this:
    Scroll up is knife
    Scroll down is pistol

So if I get up close while shooting I do scroll up.
    If I run out of ammo I scroll down and keep shooting.
  14. Elrobochanco

I use wheel up for beacon or turret/ammo when I have them, otherwise mouse buttons for all else.
  15. Takoita

Numbers. Because those medics that shoot you with a Repeater instead of healing you? I'd bet those chumps are using scrollwheel.
  16. Leftconsin

When grenades are thrown without selecting them first I use numbers and mouse wheel click is throw grenade. The wheel itself is rebound to nothing.

When grenades aren't in the game or need to be equipped like a gun to throw (more common in older games), I use wheel to scroll weapons exclusively.
  17. Alarox

I "scroll" with two mouse buttons and use my mouse wheel for the mini-map.
  18. Radh

Numbers fo weapon, scroll for minimap zoom, scroll button for melee.
  19. cruczi

The topic makes no sense. "Numbers or scrollwheel"... as if those were the only two choices. Car or bicycle? No... public transport.

Scroll wheel is too inaccurate and slow. Numbers are too far away from WASD that they are also too inaccurate and slow. I use:

E - Primary
    Z - Pistol
    X - Utility (i.e. gear slot 3)

That way, all the critical gear slots are right next to WASD, allowing me to quickly reach them with only minimal movement of a finger. Slots 4 and 5 are bound to numbers 3 and 4, but that's fine cos they are less frequently needed and almost never in the middle of firefights.