Motion spotter 5 bug?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by BloodyPuma, Feb 16, 2014.

1. BloodyPuma

Ok Gals and Guys,

I got some issues and dont know if thats only Woodman lag, or Motion Spotter 5 is bugged itself. I did few tests, and results do differ.

Case I.

1. I sit on the top of the tower [amp tower, those with turrets, not Xroads or such], MS deployed.
    2. I observer minimap all the time. Nothing nothing nothing...
    3. Boom, infiltrator jumps out of yellow beam and kills me. I didnt try to kill him, just observed minimap. It did actually blink red, 0.5 sec before I was dead.

Case II.

1. I place MS.
    2. Run 25 meters forward.
    3. Wait.
    4. Enemy infiltrator found MS, start shooting.
    5. I see blinking red dot. Sometimes it is, sometimes its not. Cloaked - nope, uncloaked - he is red.

Case III

1. Very top of the mountain. You know - 2x2 meters. MS placed.
    2. Sitting, waiting, getting bored.
    3. LA is comming from the root of the mountain. Very clumsy, see him with bare eyes. Yet nothing on MS.
    4. Waiting. He is here, im dead. Red dot appered 0.1 sec before he stopped shooting at me.

Case IV

1. I sit somhere high. Provoking eveyrone and their moms with tap shots on purpouse.
    2. MS OFC placed.
    3. Enemy comes via ejection or drop pod "to teach me a lesson" on ma exact location - LOL ;).
    4. Red dot starts to shine 0.1 secs after he starts shooting at me.

This four cases are happening on routine basis. Like
    a) height [jet pack, drop pod, beams] are rendering enemy insvisible to MS.
    b) walking couched sometimes mess up detection
    c) Cloak sometimes mess up detection

As of rest - MS is working good for me. But beacuse of those 4 - I find it very unrealiable. Above problem do not occur with darts at max level.

So, anyone had above problems?
    • Up x 2
  2. Rigsta

I've experienced the "surprise LA" too. I suspect it just doesn't detect people who are airborne. Must test, I guess :)
  3. necrolamington

Read the tooltip for the motion sensor and the sensor dart, they have been changed to detect fast-moving (sprinting) enemies. Honestly I think that this is good change as it allows you to avoid detection by moving slower, I just wish that it had been in the patch notes.
  4. BloodyPuma

Another ninja "you will know when you will die" stuff.

Honestly, second ninja is "better". Wherever you stand on a surface that is not 100% falt - your ADS got a parkinsons disease. Painful while sniping, you can stand there for a minute without knowing, you aim the sight and... ehhh.
  5. cruczi

It doesn't say they detect sprinting enemies. They detect running enemies, I know this from the fact that placing MS near a cap point with a dozen enemies inside paints the whole room full of red arrows.. they are not all sprinting at the same time. I suppose if they're crouching, then it won't detect them.
  6. Rahk

Whoa, they changed it to only detect sprinting enemies?!? If they want to make it that you are not detectible by motion, it should be Crouched only, and maybe only darts to give the Motion Spotter some benefit for using over the increased duration (which is fairly moot with how Darts reload from a ammo pack)