Morituri te salutant - Those who are about to die salute you

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Hastur, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Hastur

Morituri te salutant - those who are about to die salute you

This outfit does NOT:

- take part in massive offensives (zergs) so that all there is to do is move to new enemy base and wait for the base capture.
    - wander around the map or continents. We require team play.
    - team kill.

This outfit DOES:

- have squad(s) that have good balance between classes. This means support classes support and others do their jobs too. Of course every player has preferable class and we don't want to force you to play something you don't like but if you see that the squad already has enough maxes (or any other), please select other class. Here are my points about classes:

* medics first priority is to stay alive and revive&heal. Of course they can fight too but they are the only ones to revive you after you fall. Every squad has to have at least one, preferably two.
    * engineers stay alive, repair, place turrets&mines and give ammo).
    * infiltrators make sure we know where enemy is (recon darts) and snipe (includes spotting). Aggressive recon&fighting (inside a base) is also encouraged if you are able.
    * heavy assaults uses their anti-tank&anti-air-rockets and of course give enemy hell with their LMG's.
    * light assault make use of their superior mobility. Taking out enemy sunderers is priority when defending. So when on defence, light assaults make sweeps to locate enemy sunderers and spot them (or inform squad in other way). Squad leader then makes a decicion whether to make a collective C4 run or perhaps attack enemy sunderer from different angle (redeploy to next base and spawn magriders/harrassers/lightnings/liberators/scythes).
    * maxes are in the frontlines of every battle. Their ability to deal damage is great but they are also superior bullet/rocket attractors. They cannot survive on their own for long so engineer (and sometimes medic) support is necessary.

This outfit also does:
    - use suppressive fire. When moving to take point or trying to keep enemy from taking the point, suppressive fire is essential. Enemy that is taking cover or is forced to flee from good position is vulnerable to assault but only after suppressive fire and an few grenades. When attacking without suppressive fire we will hit a wall of enemy fire. When defending, constant reminder of death (read: bullets/plasma) makes enemy soldiers think twice about coming through that doorway.
    - guard sunderers. Sunderers are placed smartly out of harms way and they are protected with gunners and a harrasser/lightning/magrider so that some lone enemy tank (or heavy/max ) cannot take them out without risking their lives. This way we can keep the pressure up until we take the base.
    - follow waypoints. No wandering around the map (or on different continent). Have faith, squad leader has a plan and without obedient soldiers plans don't work. Whether the plan is as simple as giving anti-air support or taking and keeping point A - we want you to work together.
    - support each other. Medics and engineers are covered already but also support your squad leaders. If their plan goes badly (enemy blocks our attack or they take a base from us) they surely have learned something and they will do better next time.
    - have fun.

This outfit is meant to be fun to play in but it is also controlled outfit. There will be moments when you have nothing to do (for example manning a skyguard-lighting when no enemy aircraft is seen) but your squad will thank you when you destroy enemy liberators closing in for a bombling run. So if you are bored after a minute of doing nothing, this outfit is not for you. I guess what I'm trying to say is no kids (I myself am 39 years old).

Of course depending of how many people join this outfit and how many are available, the sizes and missions of squads may vary greatly. When only a few are present, our squad can give valuable support to other squads and outfits. Or make pure recon missions. Or drive behind enemy lines with harrassers and cause havoc.

We aim to gather a fine group of people who enjoy working together. Let me know if you are interested. My name in-game is Cyroos. Either write a response here or send me /tell in-game. Or add me as a friend.