More lightnings = more certs! Love it!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasonSTL, May 26, 2014.

1. MasonSTL

With the new update allowing lightnings to be pulled from every terminal battles have been amazing and certs are piling up! I think it was a great choice to do this for a few reasons.
    • battles outside of bases last longer because sunderers can be protected much better with a lightning than with a harasser.
    • more tanks from both sides also means more certs to be made.
    • more tanks that can be pulled by defenders means less chance of getting steamrolled buy a tank column until they get pushed to a base that allows tanks spawns. (Again longer battles)
    • battles, over all, have been bigger and much more drawn out than before but they still move.
    Surprisingly even though more tanks are driving around I haven't been farmed by them as much any when infantry. My guess is that tanks are now more busy dealing with other tanks. As and infantry guy and a tanker it's great!
    Kind of wondering how this is affecting the air game though, but from a ground perspective, great job SOE! I ended up buying a helmet just because of this change alone.
    On a side note the new medic ability is great as well. I like how the medic can, to some extent, set the flow of a battle.
  2. Thardus

Didn't really think much about the effects of this change, but now that you mention it, I've definitely seen the improvements.
  3. Epic High Five

It's been Phoenix feasting for me this weekend, love it
  4. Maelthra

My rocket launcher has spent more time out of ammo than usual. I need to glue an engineer to my hip to drop ammo packs in my wake.
  5. LibertyRevolution

I use lightnings to solo those pesky defended sunderers.
    Drive right up, unload 2 mags of viper, hop out and c4.
    Before I would use a harasser, which does work, but I have to trouble myself to press F2 before pressing mouse 1.
    Between the 2 I can now solo 2 well defended sunderers per base without fail, thanks devs!