[Suggestion] More ESSRs

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Joexer, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Joexer

ES *insert item here* (specifically SRs) are a joke right now. But don't just change the weapons we have. Add new stuff. Make it part of the lore. More ES and true-to-life concepts are what this (infantry) game needs. So here are a few Ideas...

Snare-M2
    In game description: Based on the succeses and flaws of the TRAP-M1 the SNARE-M2 shares some parts of its predecesor's but introduces an advanced inbuilt compensator that makes long range engagements viable. However it is much louder and has a slightly lower overall rate of fire.

Like it says It would be nearly the same visually, but the "compensator" will provide a reason for the odd shapes found on the rifle. The vertical spread will be dismal with the compensator and it will do the same damage. But It will be worse for cqc and will not have access to short range(1x - 4x) scopes.

NC: ESSR#2
    No desc yet...

A shotgun sr... yes but It makes much more sense than you might think. Electromagnets must use capacitors to store the power for the release. Velocity and spread go hand in hand irl shotties. So say you have a sniper rifle - that fires buckshot. And you have a battery and capacitor inside to release the energy in a split second to propel the ferrous projectiles down the barrel. A player would hold down left click, charging the capacitor and releasing to fire. as power builds the projectile velocity will be faster when it is released in the electromagnets. So the spread would be less conversely. It would take skill from the user to time the shot as the spread would take relatively careful estimation from the user of spread from the charge meter. If the user overcharges it it will blow the capacitor and they will need to replace it. The capacitor and the magazine are contained in the same cartridge. It would have a long refire time, and slow reload.

VS...
    I have a few things to say here... first. plasma doesnt take time to charge... Caps do. Vanu should have more light based weapons. Yes. Lazors, L@$3Rs etc. Make it focus... kinda like a camera for a focused beam at the aquired targets distance. Unfocused shots will do much less damage and have "unfocused spread" of light. Ttk will be high. but.... heres the new part. It will go through one person at half damage of the person before. It elwould require skill in lining up those shots... and wait for proper focus. So yeah.

Tell me what you think. Thanks for reading and tell me which if any of these sound good/ innovative. I tried to be as factionally unbiased yet think of skill when drafting these up... Alright. Joexer-Out.
  2. Neo3602

Some long alternatives to the BASRs would be nice and your Ideas are pretty interesting.
  3. Joexer

Thanks Neo(3602) for the input. Id love to see some more from everyone though. Any feedback is good feedback, (yes even negative)
  4. Frosty The Pyro

I have got a set of ESSRs in my infiltrator suggestion thread, I can post them if you like.

As for your sugestions, I realy like the VS one, assuming I am reading it right, it basically has a variable zoom which determines the range at which it does max (aka leathal) damage. Or is it a time thing were the focus shifts on its own (if so how would that be presented to the player, a guage, a number with the prime distance, a filter on things not in the current zone to make them fuzzy?
  5. Joexer

@
    Yes Please Go right ahead. Feel free to post your Ideas.:)

@

Yes exactly like this, kinda like a laser pointer or a magnifying glass, that you focus the lens on to get the focal point to a... well... point. To elaborate I don't really like the idea of charge up on Vanu, it doesn't make sense and I was thinking about lasers...
  6. Frosty The Pyro

Empire Specific Sniper Rifles (am I going to attempt such a can of worms, why yes, yes I am)

NC: Mjölnir: A bolt action railgun, has damage just a bit below that of the bolt driver, but has over penetration. When it hits a surface or target, the round will continue to pass through hitting those behind it for a short distance (such as 10m). Projectile velocity and the distance of over penetration are determined by the amount of time sense the weapon last fired, waiting longer between shots increased these properties up to a maximum of 10 seconds, if you wait between shots it will have an obscenely high velocity and maximum over penetration distance. The projectiles will not over penetrate spawn shields, polarized shields (the ones with vertical and horizontal generators), or the walls of spawn rooms, but all other cover can be bypassed and fired through.

TR: The W9Y-Chainfed: The chainfed has an exceptionally large ammo pool, however this bolt action sniper rifles has damage of the 100 cert BASR and lower projectile velocity. However hitting the weapon mode key while crouching will allow you to set up, placing a tripod and attaching the ammo belt. While set up the rifle will use its secondary feed system, automatically integrating a strait pull device, and taking ammo from your ammo pool instead of your magazine (thus never needing to reload), granting a small fire rate bonus, reducing sway, and improving breath hold duration. You will however not be able to stand and will suffer an additional speed penalty atop of the normal reduction for crouching. Hitting the weapon mode key again will detach the chain and tripod returning your weapon to magazine use, and allowing you to stand and move at full speed again.

VS: Eclipse: the eclipse is a vanu bolt action sniper rifle that fires powerful orbs akin to the lasher, though the orbs are much faster than a lasher orb, they are still quite slow for a sniper round (300 m/s? I would need to check the speeds of other snipers). They do however have no drop and the eclipse can mount all scope magnifications, and the orbs have no bullet drop. The eclipse has a very poor one hit headshot range, however whenever the Eclipse hits a non-target (ground, walls, trees, etc) the orb sticks to the surface. Whenever a target is hit (player, vehicle, terminals) any orbs within 30m discharge hitting the target for 200 to 75 damage (based on range from the orb), this damage plus the damage of the original hit can allow an effective 1hit headshot at any range, or if there are enough orbs and the target is close enough even an effective 1 hit body shot. Each player may only have a certain number of orbs on the field (4 sounds about right to me), if more than the allowed number are created the oldest will dissipate, additionally they will disappear after a set time (~60 seconds), or when discharged by a nearby successful hit.

I also had a NS sniper rifle, but that was not in my word doc, only posted in the thread which seams to have been eatin by the removal of the ideas forum (seriously they should still let us look at those posts). Its concept was it was a double barreled break action sniper rifle, the first shot dealt very little damage but had magnificent projectile velocity and applied a conc grenade debuff, which made the enemy an easy target for the second shot which was a more traditional sniper rifle round. special ammo certs for different debuffs (flash bang, or massive speed reduction for example).
    • Up x 1
  7. Joexer

I like it although the idea of being stationary doesn't appeal to me personally as TR. That sounds better as an LMG imo. but still a great concept.

Ah and here's animation of the NC ShotSnipe(made that up) mechanic... yes ms paint gif... :oops:

Animation
  8. Neo3602

@Frosty The Pryo I really like your ideas, though for the TR ESSR instead of it getting a straight pull bolt when deployed how about making it semi-auto?
  9. MisterSlim

I lack any experience playing with TR, and have little experience with NC. However, a couple ideas:

• NC: "GD-Zeus"- Fires a high-velocity, heavy, high-damage round. However, due to the weight of the projectile, it will have a much higher amount of drop. In addition, this damage can be done in two charge-up stages. Stage one will deal 'standard T3' damage, with 'standard T3' velocity. In the second stage of charge-up, it will deal additional damage, delivered at a higher velocity, something like 850 damage out to 10m, and 530 damage out to 400m. The charged round can be held for X seconds before needing to be released, otherwise it will cause electrical overcharge (a short cooldown).
    • TR: "M2-Medusa"- Fires several mid-velocity, mid-damage rounds at the same time due to a modified receiver. Think "Multi Barreled SR". In order to compensate for the wall of lead they are throwing out, they have very long reload times. In addition, they must keep their barrels cooled down in order to continue the onslaught. Allowing the barrels to overheat will result in a 'barrel swap' animation, that will take some time to complete.
    • VS: "VX-Poseidon"- Using a liquid cooled, light channeling receiver and an elongated barrel, velocities rivaling the speed of light can be achieved. This will be a charge-up mechanic. It will be able to achieve a borderline hitscan velocity, with 770 damage out to 10m, and 510 damage out to 400m. Since light moves in lines, it will not have drop. However, the tracer left from this round will be incredibly prominent, and the weapon can only be charged and fired while ADS. The charge can be held indefinitely, but leaving ADS or being hit with a charge in progress will result in 'mirror damage' and cause a 'repair' animation (a cooldown).
    *Standard T3 Damage is 700 out to 10m, and 400 damage out to 400m.
    *Standard T3 velocity is 650m/s
    *The NC and VS rifles are designed to be insane damage and velocity weapons, with harsh penalties for not following their rules. Reload times for these weapons will both be quite lengthy, along with having a small mag size. Chamber times will also be quite lengthy. These other stats will compensate for their increased killing potential per shot.
    *The TR rifle is lacking details because I am not familiar enough with TR's weaponry to come up with realistic stats. Please do some informing!

I hope those aren't too outlandish, I made them up off the top of my head. Tell me what you think!
    -Watch your Six, or We Will
    MisterSlim
  10. Neo3602

@MasterSlim I like your Ideas, quick question if all the rounds in the Medusa hit about how much damage would it do?
  11. MisterSlim

I'm not familiar enough with the TR's weaponry to be able to come up with reliable numbers for it. It would depend on the number of rounds fired at once as well. Since it's a mid-range sniper that is a sick hybrid of burst-fire and semi-auto, I'd have no idea.
  12. MisterSlim

I get this so often, hahah. I must point out, it's Mister Slim, with an 'I'. I'm not sure what makes this so common, but it happens often enough that I regret my name choice. xD
  13. Neo3602

Well the main question is weather or not you want it to be able to kill in a single trigger pull, you would also need to decide how many shots it shoots in one burst, maybe give all of the shots in the burst low recoil except the last which would have heavy(but perdictable) kick and if they could land that they could get a 1-burst kill.

My bad I'm make sure not to make that mistake in the future.
  14. MisterSlim

I'd say having 3 barrels would be appropriate. Due to the medium-range build of the weapon, it would require one trigger pull + a handful of damage to kill. If that one trigger-pull was a headshot (since those will be very difficult, almost impossible, to pull off) then it would be an insta-gank. Since it fires all 3 of its rounds at one time (and they all hit at the same time), it wouldn't behave like a true burst rifle. Rather than having progressive recoil per shot, it'd have to have hellacious recoil on each trigger pull to maintain balance.

Basically, you're looking at a two-bodyshot kill if all your shots hit. It wouldn't have a spread, since all the bullets would travel straight until they dropped off. All 3 rounds will hit around the center of the crosshair, in a triangular pattern. If you glance the body, or if their body is not centered in your crosshairs, it will result in a miss for one-two of the bullets. Missing with this weapon would be extremely punishing. Trying to fire too many shots in a certain period of time will result in a weapon cooldown, rendering you exposed and practically begging for a slug to the face.

Oh don't worry about it xD Haha
  15. Neo3602

I see, So it would be capable of 1-burst kills if you manage to hit a head shot other wise it would be a 2 shot kill if you can get all of the shots to hit, so because of that it would have a follow up shot ability of a SASR but with little to no sustained fire potential then correct?
  16. MisterSlim

It would have a quick TTK if you managed to get the shots to hit and managed the recoil, and it would be fired as semi-auto, so follow up shots would not be super hard to make. However, taking too many shots to drop your mark would be consequential, and result in cooldown. It seems like a marriage of the BASR's one-headshot/two-bodyshot killing ability with a SASR's follow-up ability, with other measures in place to keep it from being too ridiculously OP.
  17. killer7275

It would be nice to be able to change the controls of your mouse movement for the Aircraft, the current role for the x-axis mouse movement is terrible I would like to be able to make the x-axis movement turn my aircraft. Also currently when you are in a tank you stop faster not pressing any buttons compared to when you use the hand break, it is pretty much useless. Another thing is that the tanks slide around like hovercrafts, sorry but a 10 tun tank has way grip than a car never mind the hovercraft with negligible friction.

Thanks for the suggestion Page
  18. vanu123

Just give all VS weapons including sniper rifles absolutely zero bullet drop. Right now they have the trait of the slow velocity that comes with no bullet drop, but without the no bullet drop.
  19. Frosty The Pyro

um, no they dont. VS snipers have the same velocity as other factions sniper rifles.

hell the only VS weapon that has a reduced velocity to balance out no bullet drop was shotguns, and they removed that on the slugs when they added drop to the VS slugs. so the only thing it still exists on is shotgun shot, and frankly just like no bullet drop, the velocity difference at the ranges a shotgun can do anything is beyond insignificant.

except maybe the semi autos, I dont think they lowered the semi autos velocity when they got rid of VS's improved mid-range but inferior long range damage scheme, but they might have.