[Suggestion] More customization for loadouts

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Iridar51

Would you like to customize your loadout more, based on the weight of weapons and ammo?
    I'm posting this on LA forums, but this idea is for all classes.
    I post this purely for fun purposes, a *would be nice if* scenario.

The plan is to add another parameter to a character, Weight. So all players would have Health, Shields and Weight.
    The more weight you carry, the slower your actions are. Affected parameters might be run speed, reload time, JJ fuel consumption. Overweight would lead to severe decrease in accuracy. Unable to sprint, perhaps?
    Different weapons would have different weight. Each clip and each rocket would have a set weight.
    So all players would have to choose between mobility and ammo pool, between lighter, but weaker AND heavier, but powerful weapons.
    It would be even possible to carry another weapon, in addition to or instead of a sidearm.

Ofcourse, weight / bonuses correlation would not be linear.
    Let's say, current situation. You carry 5 spare clips for your carbine, 1 grenade and 2 C4, a sidearm and 3 clips for it.
    If you would, for example, take only a couple of clips and no C4 and no sidearm with you, you would be 25% faster in all actions.

Obviously, different classes would have different carrying capacities.

Interaction with engi kit would be similar, stand near one and tap [Button] to get additional clip for your current weapon or hold [Button] to bring ammunition choice menu.

This idea would add a lot of customization to your playstyle.

You could choose between a lighter sidearm (pistol) only with couple of spare clips for it, just to have a fallback weapon *just in case*.
    Or you could take an SMG in addition to your sniping carbine to have more firepower for CQC.
    Or you could choose not to have a sidearm at all, and carry more ammo for your main weapon instead. Or don't get more ammo, but be quicker because of it.

This would remove awkwardness around Pistol vs. SMG, because there would be a clear set difference between them: light weight vs. firepower.I say awkwardness, because SMG is right between being a main weapon and a sidearm.

Another infiltrator point might be that longer shooting bolt-action rifles (which are supposed to be high caliber) would actually weigh a lot more than semi-auto rifles, so there would be a point in favor of playing with one. Currently it's a *any-bolt-action-AFK-headshot-oneshot-fest* for them.

It seems silly to me that you have to choose between a run speed implant, a flak jacket and more grenades for you.
    Why couldn't players decide what they want to carry with them? For example, if you have Underbarrel Grenade Launcher, you might be compelled to skip usual grenades at all for your loadout, but take more Launcher grenades with you.
    Why choose between Concussive (or fragmentation? what r they called...) and Flash or Smoke grenades? Carry one of each!

Or become a demolition man. take 5 grenades and 5 C4 bricks, and only an SMG with couple of clips.
    Perhaps then infantry resource would actually mean anything.
    Don't need grenades? Afraid to blow up your own squad? No problem, take this flak jacket instead.

And in combat, when you gradually spend your ammunition, get rid of grenades and C4, you would become faster and faster, because you now carry less weight.

Ofcourse, difference would be subtle. There would be a miniscule difference between, say, 5 and 3 clips, but noticeable between 1 and 10 clips.

Tell me what do you think.
    (Added: I know I stole this idea from Mass Effect 3, hush!!!!)
  2. Iridar51

Really? No comments? Too much letters?
  3. MorteDeAmgelis

Probably more of a case of THIS GUY MAKES SENSE and therefore do not post. Find s troll post see how many views to posts they have. And of you do the same for pots that are good ones you will find a difference!