More ANTics and a suggestion or two.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exileant, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Exileant

;) My suggestion is about the ANT's Basilisk. For some reason when I use it on the ANT it feels like it is not competitive. Even at max, the Basilisk seems to do little more than anger other vehicles even while shooting them from the rear. :eek: For me one of the biggest threats is a Liberator, and they act as though they honestly cannot feel it. Fighters too. I feel like if I put in the work to get direct hits on an aircraft, I should be able to run them off about as fast as using a Ranger whilst maintaining my ability to compete with personnel. Perhaps a slight boost the ANT's Basilisk as it only has one turret and no access to a Halberd. :confused: As it stands now, it just seems like everything is an upgrade to it, rather than it being a side-grade.

:eek: Also, a shake animation upon Aircraft flying really close to you, and exploding if you are touching the ground would add to the realism. I displayed how it would look in my minds eye with the Liberator battle.

:D Anyway I hope you enjoyed the video.
  2. Exileant

:eek: Come to think of it, a boost to the Harasser's and all of the other single turret vehicle's Basilisk would not be a bad idea as well. o_O This will in turn lessen the amount of "vehicle only" variations running around by encouraging them to play a more multi-role play style with their vehicle of choice namely the roaming Harasser variety, which apparently strikes flat out TERROR in the hearts of some of the newer players. :D Hahaha!

:eek: Perhaps you can make it the reverse of the Vulcan. The Basilisk starts off with a much Higher rate of fire, only lasting 2-3 seconds, then slows down to normal as it heats up. This will add some Toggle-gun realism to the equation as well.

;) See there? A BUFF to the Harasser might just take care of some of the issues you have with them. There is never a need to Nerf.
  3. Exileant

:eek: I would also like a new sound for the Basilisk. It took me a while to find a muffled M242 Bushmaster for first person camera, but I did. 4:44 of the video. ;) In the distance the crisp sound of a Bushmaster at the reporting end should be: 4:56 of the video.

:( Anything but the sound of someone banging the bottom of a tin bucket, or a snare drum..... The Basilisk deserves better. Please consider it.