MLG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McWafflez, Mar 17, 2013.

1. McWafflez

I'm glad you guys are at MLG while nearly everyone is at 20 FPS in big fights since the last patch and your servers are melting down. I'm sure creating new enclosed maps for MLG that mimics every other generic FPS game will be useful to a significant amount of the playerbase :)
    • Up x 6
  2. Ganelon

Yeah, because community relations staff and balance designers work on performance issues.
    • Up x 2
  3. McWafflez

Lets just pretend half their team isn't at MLG right now making sure the game at least works there.
    • Up x 4
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

From what I could see at MLG, they had a pretty skeleton crew running the demo PCs. 3-4 People running the station with a couple more showing up for commentary and etc. Nowhere near a significant fraction of their staff.

inb4 people think I wasn't there and am talking out my ***.
  5. Phazaar

Completely avoids the issue that eventually the same people who should be fixing the game and making it a better game are focussed on arena combat to make this a worse version of BF2142.
    • Up x 3
  6. Ganelon

Which really doesn't say anything about performance. The ones designing the esports arenas are not the same guys who are working on the coding to increase performance.
  7. McWafflez

I'm sure area designers work in tandem with the programmers to make sure the area doesn't run like ****.
  8. phreec

Obviously all MLG pros love shooters with bad netcode and terrible performance issues.
    • Up x 2
  9. Xale

The performance issues of the game aren't really to do with the maps.
    (Well not so explicitly, obviously map design can help with spreading out players - which means fewer players processed at a time for clients - which means better performance both for client and server)

I can get 200+ FPS when theres not too much activity, but 30 and less is caused purely by player activity.
  10. Chipskream

Its not at all about if the people that were at MLG were the same people that 'fix' the game. Its the thing that SOE is advertising their game (with straight up lies sometimes) while a large portion of the playerbase sits at home with super crappy performance. I dont know about you, but their presentation of PS2 was the most PS2 I have seen all weekend because I simly could not play the game.
    That combined with the fact that we havent heard from the devs since the desaster that was GU04 and the subsequent hotfixes (apart from some halfbottomed tweets) makes for some angry people, and rightly so.

\\Oh, and the strict 'no refund' policy that is employed for boosts etc isnt really helping the issue.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ganelon

Why would you want SOE to stop advertising their game if it doesn't cripple their ability to fix performance issues? We'd just be back at the forums after the performance issues have been fixed to whine about the low population and why SOE doesn't advertise their game.

P.S. I could play the game just fine, just with 5 fps less.
  12. Chipskream

If it wasnt for a feature that literally almost no one wants, it would been another thing. But that not-so-well thought out notion of forcing the game into eSports, which is like forcing 100 people into a phone cell, topped off a laughable weekend from a loyal customers end.
  13. Tasogie

I went from 90 fps last week, down to 10 while flying over Crown, an now am unable to dogfight in large battles.As infantry, I get 25-30 fps in battles. Now this is is on a top of the line system with the best ram you can buy 32 gig, 2x GTX680 CUII's, the PC is NO)T at fault here
  14. Chinchy

*Fail Pic is fail*
  15. #yoloswag420

Do MLG players get triple loading screens with annoying adds also?
    • Up x 1
  16. Xale

This was never mentioned, stated, or implied.
  17. Tasogie

no but it would have been by one of the forum trolls, PS2 forums are not exactly Mensa grade IQ.
  18. HadesR

They might as well for all the good it seems to do .. Hell get the cook working on it an all :p