Mjolnir Needs Balancing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tadaskay, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Tadaskay

Actually, lets call it what it needs. A nerf. RoF, damage, mag size, damage over distance. Take your pick. But as it stands, went toe-to-toe with a mjolnir harasser with him showing side and us facing him from the front. Vulcan harasser vs side harasser, gunner didn't miss a shot and got the jump on him. Mjolnir needs a balancing fix. Or, and I know this'll get a lot of flak, but how about banning everyone who uses such a cancerous weapon? (sarcasm FYI)
  2. LordKrelas

So you went up close to a short-ranged weapon, and got mauled.
    That pretty much is what your post sounds like.

While driving a Vulcan Harasser, bane of infantry and vehicles at medium to long range.
    • Up x 3
  3. Tadaskay

Yes, because the Vulcan can actually hit **** at long range. I've seen you around the boards, and I can see why you have the rep that you do, as such. Your opinion is utterly meaningless in this topic of conversation.
  4. LordKrelas

Then you should see it coming.

You used a highly effective medium-range weapon, against a short-ranged weapon with incredible drop.
    You went, and kept inside the effective & only practical range of a Mjolnir.

If my opinion is meaningless, that means you aren't dealing with logic but rather failure to understand why a short-range weapon actually achieves results in Short-range against a weapon built for medium-to-long range.
    If the short was out-preformed in the sole range it has, by a weapon with a Longer range, not much bloody point in it, is there?
    • Up x 4
  5. TR5L4Y3R

in other words you went into the effective range of a shotgun while using a midrange automatic rifle ... ok
    • Up x 1
  6. Tadaskay

Oh I'm sorry, what part of "Vulcan is a CQC weapon" do people not seem to understand? The "Vulcan" "is" "CQC' or "weapon"? I'll happily explain to you why this is. Or, you're confusing the Vulcan with the Mjolnir, which is still effective at mid-range. Hundreds of hours into harassers, between all 3 factions. Having used all of their respective CQC weapons, Mjolnir tops the list as the strongest, by far. The others, while good in their own ways, don't come close. Both of my gunners can confirm this as well.

So I ask again, what part do you not understand? Because I will be more than happy to explain it to you.
  7. LordKrelas

Then provide your in-game name, these apparent Gunners that use these weapons. Both of these weapons.

And then explain how the high drop weapon isn't CQC, while the Vulcan is CQC while being able to fire on a target from 200-400 meters away with the rate of fire of a Gatling gun.

Lets see the Data.
    Lets see the Gunners.
    As the Mjolnir is no mid-range bloody gun.
    The Vulcan certainly isn't CQC.
  8. LaughingDead

uh huh. So what you're telling me is, you lost, because the weapons OP? Not because your engagement range could have been off? That he wasn't using composite armor? That harasser resistances are like tank resistances and therefore he must have been using BS.

1. You didn't tell us at what range you engaged from, nor did you specify how much of a jump you had on him.
    2. He could have just been using comp armor and landed all his shots too. But that must be impossible, no one can play like me, must be impossible.
    3. Harasser armor is the same around the entire vehicle, it doesn't matter if you hit from under him, as long as he traded with you he could still win.

If it was your engagement range was on top of him and he wasn't using armor and he didn't land nearly as many shots, maybe I'd buy it, but assuming that harassers side armor is different makes me doubt your abilities as a harasser driver or gunner in the first place. That seems like a real greenhorn mistake.
    • Up x 3
  9. Campagne

Nerf.... the Mjolnir?

10. Corezer

found the problem:

You think a gatling gun is for CQC.

I wouldn't call it mid to long, rather close to mid... that still isn't cqc, close quarters /= close range.

It's a lot harder to consistently hit with a grenade launcher than a gatling gun, you got out-played and think u should have still out-DPS'd them?

should have fought from further away. it might not be optimal for your weapon's strengths, but it would have been a lot worse for theirs. also, the harasser doesn't have directional damage, so the front/side thing is meaningless drivel on your part.
    • Up x 3
  11. ObiVanuKenobi

Only tanks have directional armor so it doesn't matter if you attacked him from front, side or whatever.
    Mjolnir has the highest damage at very close range but at mid range some pellets/grenades will miss and you can outdamage it with Vulcan if you can keep some distance. Just learn how to lead shots.
  12. csvfr

Typical attitude obtained from enjoying an OP weapon for too long, overgeneralizing the Vulcan's edge towards everything on wheels. Glad to hear the game has more to offer in terms of vehicle nuances.
    • Up x 2
  13. Towie

Well personally speaking, although I think ALL of the CQC weapons are too powerful, the Mjolnir was garbage for such a long time that it maybe deserves to be pretty decent right now.

AND as for a Vulcan user complaining - well Vulcans have decimated just about everything for so long now, I simply cannot listen to someone complain about its relative weakness. You gotta be kidding...
    • Up x 5
  14. DemonicTreerat

Lets see.

First, you don't understand harassers as well as you think you do otherwise you would know that facing on a harasser is absolutely meaningless due to omni-directional armor.

Second, you apparently don't understand that the Vulcan (and I have one for my TR harasser) big edge over the Boom Box is that you don't have to use more than a tiny bit of lead at worst. So its perfectly useful for shooting while moving and dodging without needing Doc Holiday and a fire control computer, unlike the Moli which has a slow projectile that badly arcs. Hence requiring that hitting anything while require far more thinking than simply holding the crosshair over the target and holding down fire.

I think we can safely say the problem isn't the Vulcan, but the creatures who understand neither proper use of a high-speed attack vehicles or the advantages of their weapons versus their opponents. Sounds to me like you would have lost to a Fury or a Baslisk just as badly due to incompetence.....
    • Up x 2
  15. Lord_Avatar

Alright everyone - let's settle down and state the obvious. Both the Vulcan and the Mjolnir are CQC weapons with the former having noticeably more range (albeit the effectiveness drops off rather sharply) and the latter offering slightly more damage when nut-to-butt close. The OP got outplayed. End of story.
    • Up x 6
  16. Daigons

Hey man you used my go-to Bender laugh image. (^_^)
  17. Campagne

;)
  18. Tankalishious

I was to stomp the OP in a lengthy post.... but you summed up what I was about to say, so I will just QFT you.

@ OP, You got outplayed, lack harasser understanding and battlefield awareness.
    Give me your in-game name and server so I can log and stomp your QQing ***, I want to hear and read your rage!

I'll even let you choose the weapon my gunner will blow you up with.
  19. Hegeteus

I'll guarantee that you will be here whining twice as hard when those NC players start using some other gun
  20. LegendarySalmonSnake

OPs Vulcan harasser crew is the kind that gets chased down by a guy in a Kobalt ANT because they won't get close enough to out DPS it after getting turbo rammed the second time.
    • Up x 1