Mirillis Action! Recording Software

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by COMMANDER K33N, Jun 8, 2013.

1. COMMANDER K33N

Is there any possibility that my account could be banned if I use this software to record gameplay footage?
  2. Shmi

Nope. You can fraps/dextory/xfire etc. You can use whatever you want to record your movies (you can do it from the game itself btw).
  3. COMMANDER K33N

Yeah, I'm aware the game has built in software, but it's not very good. I'm still trying to find a balance of quality/performance/filesize. Fraps is definitely out of the window for that.
  4. Shmi

Then you can can do 2 things:
    Dxtory, unfortunately it is not free, has major options in regards to frame rate, size, conversion codecs etc. You can also set it by default to record the files simultaneously onto 2 drives, reducing the amount of lag during the game play.
    Dxtory can also save the file as avi converted rather than the raw file, ex a full true recording of 4gb will be like 800mb converted, but yah it might attack your cpu quite a lot.
    Secondly, if you have a strong internet connection I would suggest xsplit and stream your videos on 720p. Twitch.tv will auto save the movies on their site. From there you can send them to youtube etc.

Just some thoughs tho:)
    GL with it
  5. tigerchips

I've tried all sorts of recording software over the years, well, free ones and trials. Best free one is MSI Afterburner. Don't worry, you can still use it with an AMD card.

Others I've tried are....

Hypercam
    Playclaw
    Fraps
    Xfire
    Camtasia
    Wegame
    Action!
    Dxtory

I was tempted to buy Action! because it can easily upload to youtube without messing about. MSI can do the same really. You just have to convert the video in Windows moviemaker before uploading it to youtube.

For editing i'd recommend VirtualDub and saving it as a direct stream copy.