Mini-Chaingun (MCG) Changes

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by zuludown88, Jun 13, 2013.

1. DashRendar

The Jackhammer was great before the nerf, not sure why it was nerfed. The MCG was OK before I heard about these changes. Hopefully people are correct when they say there is a new mechanic going to be applied to the gun that would make these changes make sense. The Lasher is sort of like the VS version of the Aegis shield. It's neat in theory, it's cool to look at, but if it has any really effective use, then it's beyond my comprehension to figure out.
  2. Jeralamo

soo the MCG is now more balanced and is more situational like the VS and NC's weapons..cool :)
  3. AnuErebus

Wait, I'm sorry this is really hard for me to comprehend. They made the accuracy worse when this thing already has crappy accuracy? Do they want no one to use this thing?
  4. Kon

Spool Code is coming guys , Basically you'll start shooting straight away and the ROF will build to max i think that's fine. and the jackhammer wasn't nerfed it inherited a bug that was on NC semi auto shotguns. if it isnt in the patch notes and the devs know nothing about it its not a nerf. but they fix bugs based on no. of reports and unfortunately jackhammer has low number so its low priority
  5. Flaeb

Fire the people in charge of balancing the game immediately, they don't have there priorities straight, and they are tweaking underwhelming weapons to make them even more worthless.
  6. Van Dax

They nerfed the lashers outer splash too, I mean wtf? do they just want us to throw these weapons away?
  7. InMedeasRage

OH HEY, ITS LIKE WHAT THEY DID THE ORIGINAL LASHER.

ONLY IT HAPPENED TO YOU MONTHS LATER.
  8. WetPatch

Don't feel to bad, they changed the Lasher to the NonLasher.
  9. Pella

The TTK on a moving target with the current MCG is terrible compared to other weapons.

Not on hard data but on actual usability.

This basically renders the MCG a useless choice of weapon.
    • Up x 2
  10. Eyeklops

You mean the "Splasher"? Yea, somebody spelled the name of that gun wrong, hopefully they will see the error and correct it.
  11. Kon

12. Derek Icelord

ADS is actually better. Lower numbers are better, as they represent Cone of Fire. Removing the ability to skip the spin-up time makes the MCG worthless, though. That was the only way it was useable.
  13. Tommyp2006

The nerf kinda sucks, but on the plus side, they added more BRRRRRRRRRRRTT! It sounds awesome, very close to the vulcan
  14. RobinTheRude

You're right, better nerf the Jackhammer too, it's got slightly better kills per hour.

On a more serious note, MCG has more kills total just because more people stick with it. And who can blame them? It's a fething chaingun. Jackhammer is just another shotgun, nothing terribly unique about it, not when it doesn't even have the old triple shot. Compared to the MCG, it got picked up by slightly more than half as many players, and it looks like a lot fewer actually stuck with it for long.

The only thing those stats show is that the Lasher needs some serious help, even more than the Jackhammer and MCG do after the nerfs. It's been used for almost as long as the MCG, but the kills are not even close.
  15. Kon

Gu11 Brings your spool code - Enjoy
  16. Liewec123

seems like lasher, jackhammer and mini-gun are all getting buried.
    that probably means they'll be wanting to sell us replacements soon!
    "hey look we broke your toy, now buy this one!"™ $oE
  17. xArchAngelx

I posted this on another thread.

just my thoughts on it.
  18. Cryless

let's be honest here... how many people use this weapon anyway?
  19. Flukeman62

I do
  20. xArchAngelx

I didn't buy it to make my tank look pretty.
    • Up x 2