Mine Amplifying

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Crayv, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Crayv

I've been playing around with mines the last few days. I noticed that a single mine does not always kill the target. You could set 2 mines of the same type (for example claymores) very close or on top of each other but that will count toward your mine limit. What I have been doing for anti-infantry is setting down an anti-tank mine (or if I really don't care about cost a brick of C4) in front of my claymore. When the one mine goes off it will set off the other and add to it's damage.

This trick is rather resource intensive and requires you to resupply in order to set it but when you have the chance to use it can mean the difference between a kill or giving an enemy medic a few points for healing. I have found this trick to be a nice "welcoming gift" for when I'm expecting an attack on a biolab or a group of enemies about to dumbly charge into a spawn room.

I haven't tested it with anti-tank mines yet but I want to try setting C4 on top of a tank mine and see if it will work when a vehicle runs over it. If it does it means you can rig up a mine that not even a max rank mine guarded sundy can survive.
  2. sosolidshoe

The reason AP mines are getting less kills recently is that explosive damage is so common in the game, many people feel it's better to cert Flak Armour than any other Suit Slot item. I've also noticed I get less kills against NC than ever before since the Prowler became FotM in GU02, I assume they are noticing the same thing about VS.
  3. siddar

Yea flak armor is everywhere now.

Prowlers maybe part of it but it's also down to the fact that AP mines are everywhere as well.

I expect AP mines at every generator and base capture point these days.
  4. biterwylie

You smart cookie :) Still plenty more brainless zergers out there though :D
    • Up x 1
  5. GamerOS

Flak armour reduces damage by 50%, even the smaller upgrades reduce it by 33%.

In a world filled with high explosive weapons capable of killing you instanty...
    Why wouldn't you use Flak armour?

To be frank shields have to little effect, nano allows you to eat one or two more rounds.
    And all the other options are nice but overshadowed by survivability...
  6. huller

I usualy use a claymore and tank mine, really, those MAX suits think they can survive some AP mines, think again. placed one in plain sight in the spawnroom of a tech plant that was about to be flipped, a minute later:
    +100 XP kill
    +100 XP kill
    + 20 XP MAX kill bonus
    +100 XP kill
    +20 XP kill streak bonus
    +10 XP group kill bonus
    + 20 XP terminal destruction

Realy, if you feel like giving your claymores a bigger bang for your buck, use anti-tank mines (cheaper than C4), likewise you can spice up your heap of tank mines with a brick of C4(realy expensive stuff) and spice up your sundy attack with a brick of C4 (If they are repairing it and it has mineguard, I go back to a terminal to drop a brick of c4 on it after which I go get my tank mines, nothing survives 2 tank mines and 2 C4)
  7. Sharpe

I don't use Flak Armor on any of my classes and do more than fine with it.

HE damage just doesn't get it all that much - grenades are usually easily avoidable, and if I'm in a position to get shelled by an HE/HEAT tank then I did something wrong and shouldn't be there in the first place.
    I can't even remember the last time I got hit by rocket pawds or libs let alone killed by one.

The only HE damage that does get me sometimes at moments where I am where I'm supposed to be, is the HA nablets running around with their rocket launcher as a primary and shooting it in CQB or the noobtubers - but that's a rather small percentage of my deaths. I'm killed way, way more often by enemy small weapons fire as infantry, and as such I find the Nanoweave armor or advanced shield capacitor to be the superior choices.