[mindstorm] what should be done to rebalance the game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cilrael-sa-Altarii, May 10, 2013.

1. Cilrael-sa-Altarii

Aren't you tired of being screwed by owerpowered vehicules or weapons ?
    A buster MAX can annihilate an ESF in a really few seconds. Some weapons can kill a tank, or even a sunderer with a fex shots. Some weapons are useless, and other are so powerful that they can eliminate you with a non-skilled difficulty.

So i just wonder, what do you think SOE should do to balance once and for all planetside 2 ?

I have some tiny ideas of my own, some things i want to see removed from the game, some others that could be implemented:

1 - increase the "encounter time". I mean, even in a tank, you are killed very very very quick. soldiers and vehicule should have at least double life as now. I can sound idiot but, think about it, it would avoid numberous problems: HE shells too powerful, lolpods, "3 shot and kaboom wtf time"... I words, give chance to people to dodge or flee, make longer, more intense and intersting fights (look at the old battlefield: you needed to get severals shots to die and that what cool.)

2 - (PS i hate nerefs but sometimes it is needed) nerf the AV engi turret. It is 10 times more efficient than a heavy. It should be nerfed this way: rendered like a vehicule, double reload time, half damage when the missile reach 400 meters. Me and my outfit do not use this because it is overpowered and we are tired of being ***** by a engi noob camper -i know a lot a you are too-.

3 - rebalance MBTs. Mag must not a be a sniper tank that distroys other vehicule from really far away and far infantry by dodging every missiles or get hit in front (max armor). At least, his weapons should lose power with distance or gain some recoil and drop.
    Prowler and vanguard should be stabilised, i mean, a mag can shoot without being annoyed by terrains, why not the others tanks?
    vanguard is not strong enough but i have no ideas for boost it.
    Prowler is too effecient at infantry farming, his cannons should have a smaller explosive radius.
    PS: i hate magriders - while i love the way it moves- because of his capacity at destroying other vehicules and flee with ease. I mean: with an harasser, i kill every tanks easilly but not mags. mag always kill me instead, i think this exemple is enough to prove that mag is unbalanced.

3 - increase aircraft resistance to MAX busters and decrease their efficiency versus vehicule or find a new way to make then attack vehicules and infantry (lolpods should be remplaced by A2G lock ons or launcher like, one shot and reload, missiles). Aircrafts should also be able to take more damages from others aircrafts, to make dogfights more interestings. A lone wolf ESF should not be able to take down a liberator and galaxy an libs should have increased survivability. ESF rotary gun have to do less damage, it's ridicoulous the way it annihilate other ESF and vehichules. seriously, A good A2G pilot uses rotary to take down vehicules and aircrafts ans missiles to farm infantry. THIS IS NOT THE WAY IT SHOULD ACT !

4 - add a timer for C4: pepople using C4 should not be able to place it and intantly ignite it, killing himslef in the explosion. Or add a very bad things to kamikaze C4 users (like no exp get when killed by self C4, or 10 times longer respawn). I know the background says we revive when killed but, really, would you like to be killed in a huge explosion caused by yourself ? even when reviving ?

5 - stop with one shot infantry weapons. I understand that snipers should OS when headshot. But with the high population of cheaters, it is some times unplayable. And whatever cheaters or not, it's not fun to be OS by a noob camper. At least, remove the OS snipers and make them shoot faster (we are in the future and we still have to reload manually? wtf?).

6 - ADD A GOOD PROTECTION AGAINST CHEATERS ! Are you aware of the number of cheaters on planetside 2 ? Did you know that you can find some cheats just by searching on google ?! This is awfull ! i spot cheaters everytime i play ! when i suspect someone to cheat, ally or not, me and my friends try to follow him and most of time we indeed find a cheater ! Though, some are just too visible but what about those who use some small, hard to see cheats? like aimbots that shots not the head or wallhackers ? i don't even count how many time i've been killed by someone who just shows his face and instantly pour me with his gun (normally it take to the brain an half second before we push the fire button -time to see, treat the information and engage a response-)...

Well, in the end, a good anti cheat should be enough. Others points are just personnal thougts of what should be done he rebalance the game. But, i do want to see the AV turret nerfed, i'm really tired of it and should have been nerfed weeks ago.
  2. Kupcake

Don't really care about anything but pop imba anymore.
  3. Oreo202

1. Agreed
    2. No, it is rendered like a vehicle. It's buggy with rendering occasionally, and that should be fixed. You do also realize that the AV turret is immobile, correct?
    3. No, just no. The Magrider is fine, considering it has the weakest weapons of any tank. The other tanks do need stabilization, however. The Magrider also has very very slow projectiles.
    4. No. That's an awful idea. Shoot the guys with C4 instead of complaining about them, not that hard.
    5. This won't happen because if you're going to completely reclassify a weapon you have to refund people, lol.
    6. There is good protection. Report them and they will go away.
  4. skoorviel

Balance issues are being addressed, and pretty well too IMO. It takes time for the devs to measure exactly how much of a problem something is and how a buff/nerf will affect the game as a whole. Remember, with a game as complex as this, one small change can have a butterfly effect on unforeseen things.

Overall, I think the balance issue is being corrected in the right direction. As evidence, take a look at the MBT buff (success) and the upcoming MAX abilities (the devs have delayed them multiple times to make sure that they are balanced).
  5. Zagz

Balance is a point of view and who is using it.

I'm a really good shot but a terrible pilot. If everyone flew ESF like me, trust me, no one would care about rocket pods. SOE would probably need to boost them. On the flip side, if everyone was good like me with a TRV or NS-11A, you would see people crying for nerf none stop.
  6. Ixidron

I would hire the PS1 developers and start listening to the community here in the forums instead on twitter and reddit.
  7. Tommyp2006

Basically, what I think should happen, is that players need to be forced to specialize.

For a tank
    HE round: large explosive radius, devestates infantry, does virtually NO damage to vehicles
    AP round: Massive damage to armor, NO explosive radius, takes 2 direct hits to kill infantry
    Heat round: dead middle of the two. make it hurt infantry, and armor, but only 50% as well as the other two do in their respective areas

Aircraft
    Rocket pods are THE killer of armor for an ESF. Make them do even less damage to infantry than they do now
    AI nosegun: So you want to kill infantry, then use the AI nosegun.
    Rotary/turbolaser: Fast TTK on other aircraft, other things... not so much.
    A2A Missles: make them not bugged, lock a bit faster, make them great killers of aircraft
    Stock nosegun: Sort of the heat round of noseguns. Kills ground vehicles fairly well, especially with upgrades. Work on infantry and aircraft too, but not as well as their respective nosegun counters

Infantry primary weapons:
    Design them to have a maximum effectiveness at a very specific range. Basically you could graph it. Take a standard bell curve. Put it's peak at whatever range you want it to be effective, and balance the rest of it's effectiveness around that curve. Primary weapons are probably the hardest thing to balance, would be easier if there weren't SO MANY OPTIONS, but that's F2P games for you, when there are too many options, nothing really stands out that much.
    • Up x 1
  8. Chipay

Small recap of what you said:

1: Increase TTK between infantry and tanks
    2: Nerf AV turret, add timer/dmg drop
    3: Nerf Magrider (less damage at range or add recoil/drop) and Prowler (explosion radius is too big), buff the Vangaurd
    4:Increase TTK between ESF and ground, nerf ESF against air.
    5: nerf C4, activation time should be decreased
    6: too many cheaters in PS2, no solution sugested though.

Personal opinion:
    1: I don't want to fight with pillows, if a giant tank shell hits your body you're supposed to be dead & tanks have enough armor as it is atm

2: While i as a tank driver would love to see their flight duration decrease to a couple of 300m, i don't really have that much problems hitting them with my main cannon.

3:
    -The magrider already has the lowest damage and it's bullets fire in an arch, if any tank is able to snipe things, it's the Prowler.
    -Prowler is good as is, because it has to deal with lancers, phoenixes and ravens.
    -Vangaurd still is the king of killing vehicles when we're talking about the MBT, it might need some polishing, but you can't lose NC's traits either.

4: again, no pillow fights please, if anything, the ESF is supposed to counter air, making it less effective against air is ********.

5: i really don't see a problem, if you let a A C4'er that close to you you're either a slow-*** MAX or ********.

6: I've maybe encountered 5-6 cheaters in my 90+ hours of gameplay,so i can't complain about it.