Miller Lag or is it me?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Duff_Chimp, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Duff_Chimp

Nobody seems to mentioning it if the are getting lag or receiving it. I check my ping it always reads 50ms average no matter how bad things are in the game. That leads me to believe its a server based issue.

Today was particularly frustrating as warping, mi********, firing stutter, stuff just happening randomly like is it even possible to get run over by a tank if you place a turret behind him and he reverses at you? Tbh we really need some way to gauge lag in game, also to gauge other peoples lag (via death screen, or slash command?) and also i clear indication of server side lag as well would be nice too.

Most mmos/fps have latency reads in their games, it is useful information to have. This way you can tell if your connection is bad, or is it the guy who just killed you or the server to blame...
  2. Roamcel

Heh, I too noticed this, but I am not sure it's the server.
    I suspect there might be cheats at work.

Basically, I have a gaming internet connection, and I can usually shoot and hit **** no problem.
    But on miller? I regularly unload magazines on people on the back, to be killed instantly by them when they face around.
    This, however, happens particularly with outfitted people.
    I hardly notice that behavior when facing non outfitted players, which usually take the same punishment - I myself - take from weapons.

Given the miserable state of things on miller, in fact, I moved to the us east server. There, I have some 100ms latency, but the lag switching microdick cheaters seem to be far less, or rather the non outfit people to outfit people ratio is way higher than on miller.

Of course, it could easily be that miller is a piece of garbage server, but we saw this kind of **** with planetside 1, too. There was a floppy dick cheater ****** called ironmole that passed his cheat to his outfit, and from there on, things went **** all since the thing spread like wildfire on werner, the equivalent of miller.
  3. Duff_Chimp

I hadn't considered cheats, i just know it seems to happen more and more. I thought it was a bug with the rotary but nobody seems to even be aware it exists? I haven't noticed it with other weapons so much, but then again i do lots of flying at the moment.
  4. Roamcel

Well you might want to try the us east server, for a comparison.
    I believe you will not experience the ridiculously obvious "issues" about hitting and damaging, that we experience on miller.

As a matter of fact, to add to the probability of cheats, you can easily see the efficiency of your hits in the virtual reality. You will most likely never experience the random **** we see against outfit players.

Additionally, you can be basically 100% sure it's a cheating issue when you see the same thing against vehicles.
    I remember that azk, a micro dicked, lifeless cheater failure that lived inside planetside 1, always lag switched inside a mosquito on werner. Besides wallhack (saw through ams bubbles and such) his mosquito would regularly take 30% to 50% more shots from the lancer in respect to non cheating players, simply because the server told you that you hit, while he would not be damaged instead.

I've noticed that on miller with aa guns on sunderers against 'magic' enemy aircraft
  5. Kinj

Dunno if it was a cheat or not, but this one guy last night came into the room, i shot him and he disappeared. Then he came into the room the same way and disappeared again. Did the same thing about 8 times before I died. Couldn't seem to hit him. Not an infiltrator either :p

Think it was probably more a rubber banding thing, but I've not had it happen before.
  6. stalkish

Kind of disappointed to hear this poor feedback about the server i pay on. Personaly i havent experienced what you describe, i do however have times when i can hit an enemy several times during a firefight, loose the fight and see their life on my death screen has been barely scratched when i feel it should be way more damaged or even killed them. I put this down to lag most of the time.
    However I have heard of people diliberately messing with their internet connection to increase their 'laggynes' but i just dont see this as a benefit. If i play on a server with high ping, or worse the dreaded high loss i used to get with my old internet provider, i find the game unplayable, i cant aim, cant escape round corners, fall through the floor alot, stuff like that.
  7. Peebo

Don't you just love it when you get shot, run round the corner to cover then just die to nothing. Like you get hit outside run to cover then the hit registers and you die.
  8. Roamcel

The "cheat" involved into the internet connection is way different than the 'big latency' you most certainly experienced with your old provider.
    Those using it don't experience the least nuisance while playing, and they see you performing actions as they would if they weren't cheating.
  9. Chrotenise

Lately I've been scattermaxing a lot and I notice more and more how buggy the miller server / the game / the players are. I have it happen to me at least 3-5x a day that I get up close to a person, like point blank range and aim perfectly fine at people and I have to unload an entire clip (7x2 shots) without as much as hitting them. End up reloading while they pump entire magazines in me, and then usually I either die/was able to run away. Ridiculous really.
  10. Arquin

Honestly, I haven't noticed anything since they did the fixes a while back. Before that, Miller was like taking part in a dream where nothing works reliably.
  11. OldMaster80

I confirm lag / desync on Miller. It's quite evident if you use shotgun-like weapons.
  12. Roamcel

just check whose outfit your targets are when you experience the ******** "zero damage" issue.
    You will find it especially frequent when you surprise these people. You literally shoot them from behind or the sides, yet they easily react, immediately shooting back at you, and have all the time to kill you even.
    They never flee or try to take cover as you normally do when you don't know what is shooting you or where it's coming from.

I certainly get hurt every time i get shot, and when I'm shot from the back, I rarely even have the time to turn to kill my aggressor.