Miller issues after "hotfix"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Riftmaker, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Riftmaker

I want to start by saying that i miss the amazing rendering system. Playing on that for a while and then just going back to our old crappy one feels really bad. Anyway with that out of the way off to the problems.

First thing is that the game is laggy,and i mean really bad.
    Takes alot of time to heal someone or to repair vehicles. Even though on your side(the one doing the healing) it says that your target is full hp he actually isn't. You need to keep healing a few extra seconds after you are "done" or else it will just revert back to what your target thinks he is at. Might be an issue with the game on his side not receiving the right amount of healing because i have maxed out my med tool(also have several extra ranks in the repair tool for engi).
    This also happened with my own lightning. Even though my circle was full and in theory it should have been at full hp on my upper right image of the vehicle it was far from full. And i had to keep repairing even after i was supposed to be done.
    Another thing is the ammo pack from engies. Sometimes they only resupply once and after that they're done. If at all. I mean they are still there but they just won't give you ammo. Might be an issue with the ammo packs from the new AV tool. Not sure since some ammo packs worked just fine.
    Also someone reported that he tried healing himself with a medkit and the medkit didn't work but it was consumed. I experienced that several times already and even submitted a ticket about it but that didn't help much. Will have to report as a bug i suppose.

If anyone experienced anything else feel free to add in this thread.
  2. KraggTheGrim

The healing \ repairing thing is a glitch left over from the last hot fix that was never resolved.

Sorry to hear that the render distance was reverted back to its original state, i was hoping that all servers were going to get to see it in this hotfix.
  3. MrK

The rendering has been reverted???
  4. Eleo

No seriously they reverted it?

You mean they did it just for one server?
  5. Riftmaker

Yeah,need to get my shotgun out again. Infantry popping up out of nowhere.
    (Maybe they were pleased with the results or are just tweaking it again and we will see new tests soon or maybe even see it released on all servers with GU3,who knows)
  6. KraggTheGrim

Miller and the Showdown server had their render distance increased to about 400m. A lot of the talk was that it was amazing.
  7. Sinoby

Lag is like a feature of Miller so I am not surprised, but the roll-back of rendering is really sad - It was enjoyable to play on Indar lately. I mean - it is nice to see people further away then 10 meters...
  8. innersphere1

Yes i can see those things you say.. ammo packs for a day didnt worked well but now seems to be fine, sometimes it happens to see some enemies in green on the minimap, and friendly in red..
    another bug is THE CROWN, remove this neverending superboring fight please
  9. Riftmaker

Yeah i've noticed the bugged minimap issues. Before this hotfix i also had some infantry render as vehicles,really fun times to see tanks inside buildings on your minimap. Or just things popping on your minimap even if they weren't there in-game. Maybe they were at some point and got stuck on the minimap,idk.
  10. Cl1mh4224rd

It may not have been completely intentional. Since it was an on-the-fly change through the server console, it was probably just reset when the servers restarted.
  11. Riftmaker

Pretty hard to know if the rendering system change was on purpose or not since there is no official word on it. And no,i won't check twitter/reddit/fb for that. We have the official forums for a reason.
  12. TomoB

First they said it isn't possible because of low-end PCs and it's unfair yadlayadla and suddenly they test bumping render distance up? Hmmm.
  13. Riftmaker

They said they won't let us render as much as our pcs can since basically people with high-end gear will have the upper hand. They didn't say they aren't working on it. Why do people take things out of context and just understand what they want to ? Can someone explain?