Merge EU servers!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kunavi, Jun 25, 2014.

1. DJStacy

i will edit this post from now on everytime i play. because THIS is a Normal day on Woodman. we need Servermerg, not pecause population isnt equal but because the vanu have soldiers, the NC have Freedomfighters andf the TR is filled with hello kitty players who prefer running arround in empty stations than FIGHTING in this MMOFPS. we need Soldiers for woodman TR, this is Sick this makes me Sick. i love planetside i realy do i spend multiple hundrets of Euro oin my TR soldier and i'm sick that bthe game isnt playable for TR for months now because there are no TR#s left.

above snip from "docdewrill".

You really don't know jack about Woodman TR........................

yeaterday I see the VS ghost capping Esamir and the day before that NC ghost capping Indar.................

When there is a chance to cap a continent to remove one of the other locks that's what factions do, the low population means there is not much opposition it has jack to do with wanting to ghost cap anything.

Funny how so many no nothings take one little snip of time form one day on the server and decide that's the general behaviour of a whole faction. Please refrain from trying to brandish TR of Woodman with your inappropriate and way off the mark suggestions.

There are leaders in TR that take putting up the best fight they can with the pop we have very seriously. We won alerts recently while under populated due to the hard work or certain outfits and leaders.

Real TR supporters in my book don't put down there own faction..........................

But yes I would agree to a merger but not for your dreamt up reason............................................
    • Up x 1
  2. Athanasios2104

+1 for merge (keep this thread up & alive)
  3. Halo572

Playing Cobalt Amerish on the Hossin release for my brief return last week, there were no 48 v 48 fights there either as everyone was on Hossin.

Servers mergers are far too political no matter how much they are needed.

Server merge = admission there is a population problem.

No server merge = no population problems no matter how visible they are.

For those of you that don't understand the second statement, go and Google Western politics and see how that works.

This isn't politics, but uses the same principles of if you don't admit there is a problem then there isn't.

No population problems on PS2 servers here.
  4. Zombekas

The question everyone seems to be forgetting is will they actually merge the servers, including the hardware? Or just transfer everyone from Woodman to Miller?

I have no idea how the PS2 servers are opertaing, if they're up in the cloud or using local virtualization then it should be very easy to just allocate all Woodman resources to Miller. If it's on two different physical machines then it could be possible, could be not, depending on what kind of machines they're using.

I'm all up for a full and proper merge, but a simple account transfer would unquestionably introduce lag, and wouldn't allow for higher population caps, meaning constant queues. The community should be informed of the technical details, especialy concerning this question!
  5. KendoPS1

Are you VS ? They probably love cobalt right now, 40%+ pop and talking smack in /yell about how they're the "master race". It's not a FPS anymore, but a farming simulator for them.
    I don't mind fighting 2:1 odds most of the time, but is it really necessary to gloat ?

+ 1 for Werner and only one EU server. More future proof.
  6. BuckRaven

Could that be because Hossin was released?
  7. DocDewrill

maybe you missed a little aprt in the story. sure thing the lowlevel squad of KOTV ghostcappes too. but dont forget, whiel vanu are ghostcapping Esamir they still have more than 50% populatrity on Hossin(or one of nthe other open continents) and the NC are only ghostcapping after TR is offline. arround 2Am in the morning there arent often more than 10-20 TR players online at all.

sure thing there are TR leader who fight as good as possible with what they got but they got almost nothing, there arent enouth TR soldiers willing/able to take orders and use more advanced tactics but "ram your ehad into the wall till it breaks,"

i'm on Woodman TR since i started playing Planetside years ago. there were better times way better times, even equal times on Woodman.

i dont know what time you are online on woodman, but the things i see between 16:00-23:00 are embarresing.

"real Tr supporters dont put down their own faction" Aye and real Tr supporters dont flank the enemy. real Tr supporters dont visit the Forums and write down problems with their faction to get things changed to eqality.

tell me my friend: what does a real TR supporter? Taking it? loosing more TR players? theres nothing coming on TR side for months now. and numbers are going down. Real TR supporters watch their faction Die i guess, hm?

our faction is overrun with a popularity of Holiday campers whom drive arroudn in the pretty regions of the Planet in their pink colored Sunderer waiting for the next BBQ. indeed the TR has soldier.s we have some of the most vicious Soldiers i#ve ever met in a FPS. but those are 1 out of 50 or even less. the others are chickens without a head, running in circles with fullautomatic non-stop fire till the third faction acidently saves their *** by opening another more relevant front.

i remember times where the TR held the Crown and every station north west or east of it.
    times where the TR locked down continents before it was even possible by ingameoption. just by baseraping vanu and NC equal the same at their warpgate.

not that i would want this back, but i want atleast the same ammount of soldiers on our side as on the other. less vanu more TR so we meet in the middle with the NC ( who have realy great troops, played for 2 weeks to convince myself i'm not imagine TR equipment sucks in certain situations)
  8. Burning Mustache

This is a common misconception. All PS2 gameplay servers have always been under SOE control. They've always been kept in-house, if only because of the logistical nightmare updates and that kind of stuff would become if they'd need to synchronize them with another company.

All ProSieben did was manage player accounts, payment and transactions and marketing. SOE accounts have always been able to play on EU servers and I assume even the reverse is true as well (though to be fair I wouldn't know because I've never had a ProSieben account).

They might still wait with merges until the transfers are complete for whatever reason, or wait with merges for whatever other reason they might have (gather data from Emerald, etc.), but suffice it to say them "not owning the [gameplay] servers" is definitely not the reason because SOE has always owned and fully operated all of their PS2 gameplay servers.
  9. SynaptixBrainstorm

Belive it or not but there are quit a couple of people who enjoy medium or even small fights like myself. i find it already more than hard to find these fights since all players are forced to play on 2 continents. why do you guys want huge fights on every front can you not simply join the ones that are already there ?
    if such a merge happens i guarantee a lot of ppl wont play anymore. And keep in mind that not everyone has a high end pc. Including myself and if i had i wouldnt join fights with more than 25-48 players on both sides.
  10. Loken

Sure, there's some high pop fights during prime time ( 7-9 ? PM ) but not all of us play exclusively at that time, after 9pm it starts becoming easier to grind certs by shooting tumbleweeds rather than players. Whether you like it or not, the EU servers will eventually become ONE server, due to population AND / OR increased continents allowing a higher player density per server.

My Outfit and I have already moved over to Emerald for the time being until *SOMETHING* is done to the EU servers.

If SOE take too long, they will have the same problem that plagued the Werner server in the original game, most of us had already jumped ship to Emerald to get a decent fight.

JUST get the Servers MERGED, SOE.
  11. maxkeiser

Frankly I've no idea what people are talking about. Woodman seems very busy to me - I have no trouble finding massive ongoing battles even at midnight.
  12. Loken

what time is your midnight? GMT?
  13. Scorponok

yea woodman is fine...any more people and we will be stuck in a long queue on 1 continent ^^
  14. Loken

Woodman's pops are worse than mattherson and Waterson were, before the merge. if you're on at the "right" time window, woodman is ok'ish. That's about it. Just before Hossin arrived, you'd either be at the one main fight between two factions or scrabbling round to create a fight if you were the unlucky third faction. Let's get enough players on the server MORE of the time, so we can have a CHOICE where to fight, please.
  15. \m/SLAYER\m/

they have infantry OUTFIT, who jumps into ghost fights to crush noobs.. always with implants, always as HA..
    And early morning there only VS and TR players online, locking continents
  16. Nasher

Hmm Miller is still very populated. Merging it with another server would only mean longer queues for continents.
  17. Vixxing

Wut? VS pop is more like 25-27% on Cobalt... What are you smoking?
  18. Loken

Who cares about the queues? Make the continents viable places to have fights, not ghost capping boredoms. There's more to the game than bloody Indar.
  19. Scorponok

woodman has a nice and good population, people that cant find any must be online during off hours when people are either at work or sleeping, they should then maybe move to a US server so their timing fits better and will find players.
  20. IberianHusky

I don't know about the other EU servers, but I thought Miller was almost as large as Connery?