Memory Read Error, Crashes to desktop.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mischievous, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Mischievous

The message reads as follows:
    The instruction at 0x01dd3a32 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

: I just wanted to know if anyone else was getting this message. My specs are up to date I could use a little more ram though. Wasn't sure if this message was due to the client though or something with my PC, happens 10-15 minutes in just about when most other people seem to be crashing.
  2. Mischievous

By the way, I've already tried the following: Increasing virtual memory, uninstalling/reinstalling the game, running on minimum settings. I don't get any ingame lag before the freeze and it seems to most often occur on loading screens.
  3. WolfPup

that type of crash can be indicative of bad sectors on your ram. Not always, but often enough. You can google memtest and run it overnight to check.
  4. Mischievous

I also just disabled firewall and did some more tinkering with actual game graphic files to lower settings manually. Also ya I may need to try out memtest.
  5. Mischievous

Still getting errors. Hopefully this next patch will fix it up. I decided to order extra ram just in case since I could use a tad more anyway.
  6. Mischievous

Looks like the problem is still re-occurring with 8 gigs ram (newly installed). At this point I'd have to guess it's a client based problem related to other people getting crashes around the same time intervals.
  7. TomassoNL

My situation is similar to yours. There is a memory test build in windows 7, but I saw your message too late..

I run BF3 and other games just fine, so until you start crashing in other games, dont doubt your system so much that you start buying new hardware. There are too many people with similar problems. Also keep in mind that this game is build to be compatible with low end computers as well so many people should be able to play it. However, making it compatible for all is clearly not the case (yet).

What I read this game runs on directx 9. Im no techy, but maybe newer cards dont like directx 9 that much anymore.
    Nor does it like 64 bit windows. As there is a fix for those with 32 bit windows (found by the community).

My game also runs fine without any lag and high fps. For now Im betting on a memory leak.

If I find any working solution I will certainly post it, hope others will share theirs too.

Best of luck!

Thomas

Win7 64 bit
    GTX 570 - 1240 mb
    8 GB DDR3 1600
    i5 quad core 3,1 GHZ