[Suggestion] Membership passive cert cap needs to go!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Liewec123

its still the same, and i'm still spending 3-4 minutes every day logging in and cycling through characters.
    (thats 11 hours spent cycling through characters since this thread was made in august, thats nearly half a day. :mad: )
  2. FateJH

So, 11 hours out of the last ~4200? That doesn't sound bad at all.
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

do you want to spend 24 hours a year doing something that could easily be made avoidable?
    a daily chore, 4 minutes every day of the year spent logging in and out of 6 characters to get what i've paid for.
    and they want $14,99 a month to make you do it!

would it not be waaaaay better for us, and make the subscription much more appealing if they'd simply remove the daily cap?
    its a win for us and a win for the devs who might end up selling more subs, so who loses out?
    setting up daily hoops to jump through is not a good way to sell subscriptions.
  4. FateJH

I think you should stop focusing on the numbers game and instead stick to the "chore" angle. The actual math isn't flattering to the argument. That's all I'm saying.
  5. pnkdth

This is something I don't get either.

It is standard practice in F2P games but it is usually done to get non-paying players come back, since it adds numbers and content in terms of players to the game. It is not why I cancelled my sub but it did have a part in it. If I pay money I do not want to feel obliged to log in every single day just to get "my money's worth." Why are you making my life more inconvenient? I'm supporting you. Well, was...
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

really? you honestly think spending TWENTY FOUR HOURS a year logging in and out of characters is a non-issue?! o_O
    how many days are there in your year? 365? that sounds nice,
    i have to spend one logging in and out of characters on this 4 year old game that i play because i give the company money.

perfectly put!
    i'm not the kind of person who can let something i pay for simply slide by, if part of my $14.99 a month is 48 certs, i'll get my 48 certs, it'd just be awesome if the thanks we get for supporting the game was'nt an unnecessary chore.
    the cap hurts everyone, it wastes tons of our time and it makes the subscription far less appealing.
    the devs would likely get more subs, and the players would be happy if it was removed,
    i honestly wonder why it is still a thing, its a win/win for everyone to remove it.
  7. stalkish

How popular your game is is often based on 'logins', im sure theres a login board on steam, many use this as justification for games dying etc.
    Seems logical that the devs would want to give the impression that 1000s of people are logging in each day so they incourage players to do so.

I dont agree with it tho, but i see their reasoning, however ****** up it is.
  8. FateJH

Yes.
    Like I said, you should focus on the "undue chore" aspect of the complaint rather than trying to sell on the numbers.
    There are elements of absurdity in that statement but not just for the reason about which you are complaining.

Below here, you weren't replying to me. All the same:
    That is a frugal sensibility and not a trait to be dismissed.
  9. Movoza

Hmmm lets see. I get people to at least start up the game and possibly play, or let them wane their interest overtime as they don't need to login, losing them forever?

It is just a bonus you get if, not a right. There are sound reasons for this, but entitlement for something that is explicitly stated has conditions strikes me as stupid.
  10. Liewec123

its not a bonus, you could say everything you subscribe for is a bonus, but you've still paid for it.
    also i disagree with losing interest over time without being forced to log through characters,
    i subscribe to the game because i enjoy it when i want to play it.
    in all the years i've been subbed i've never been doing the cert logs and thought "ooo this is fun! maybe i'll play some more!"
    making the game a daily chore does not entice people to play it, if anything THAT is what will cause people to lose interest over time.
  11. BrbImAFK

I agree with making this change. I'm a subscriber and, since I'm running PS2 on a bit of a potato, logging my 3 chars on for their daily certs can take up to 7-8 minutes A DAY. And it's not even like I can tab out or something, 'cause my machine can't handle it. I usually end up trying to collect my certs while I'm doing chores or something, just to I don't have to endlessly wait for it every day.
  12. Inzababa

I'm not sure, I was a member for a while and now got thousands (and thousands) of certs that I have no idea what to do with.

If you play more than once a week, it won't take long for you to get more than enough certs, member or no member.

Plus isn't the point of being a member more than "48 certs a day"???? There's tons of other benefits, and if my memory serves me right, you get a lot more XP as a member, which basically means a lot more certs..
  13. BrbImAFK

If you actually go and read the posts, people aren't complaining about not getting enough certs, they're complaining about the chore of having to log every character in separately, every day... and Planetside 2 isn't exactly known for it's speedy loading times!

What people are asking for is the removal of the daily cap, meaning they can log in when they feel like it and get everything they're entitled to. Or alternatively, a button on the character selection screen that will collect all daily certs due, without having to log each separate character.

Both are good ideas, and something like this is badly needed. The "benefits" of membership are trivial enough to discourage people from actually signing up, without making some of those "benefits" a massive PITA as well!
  14. Inzababa

errr let me get this straight :

first, you made a mistake. A cap is a limit, for example, "not more than 48 certs a day". Taking the cap away would mean "unlimited certs a day". Whether you get those certs by logging in or clicking a button has nothing to do with the cap.

I didn't say it explicitly but I thought it was obvious, if you are willing (like I read in some of the posts I did read) to spend up to 8 minutes to get 48 certs on each character and you think it is worth it, if you're willing to do this every day even though you think it's a huge pain in the ***, then you must really need those 48 certs!

So I'll rephrase what I wrote:

who gives a **** about 48 certs and whether it's easy or hard to get them? (unless you're a casual player who only plays once a week or something like that)
  15. Movoza

First of all, I really don't mind if it gets easier. Logging in on only one account should be enough to receive all certs build up on all characters. I think technical limitations prevent this, however easy it might seem. Secondly I think that incentivizing users to login every day isn't the best idea due to mental fatigue with games, but it's better than no incentive. Changing it is not a problem for me to improve things.

What I'm against is the idea that buying a subscription suddenly allows you all passive certs as if no conditions apply. It's like saying that you buy a monthly subscription, so the subscription should only stop when you've played a months worth of time. That isn't the deal that you are offered.
    They say "you'll get 2 certs an hour with a maximum of whatever which can be collected when logging in on the character" and you hear "your getting x amount of certs with this subscription", which is honestly just plain wrong.
  16. Liewec123

no.
    they say:
    its right there on the subscription page.
    nowhere does it say they you'll be forced to log through every character every day if you want what you're paying for.
    it simply say 48 passive cert points per day, nothing about a cap, i should expect to log in 2 days later and get my 96 certs.
  17. stalkish

While i agree with you and OP, and it would be nice to have certs on less played characters (im a member, i dont log into my chars for daily certs, cba) i cant help but chuckle at the 'endless wait' of a mere 7-8 minutes.
    Its been said that society as a whole is instant gratification now, but that just takes the piss. 7 minutes is not an endless wait, lol, its the time i wait to get a tram home.

I wish 7 minutes was 'endless' my girlfriend would have less to complain about ;).
  18. Inzababa

whether a specific time takes the piss or not, depends also if not more on why you're waiting;

for example, waiting 7 minutes for a tram is normal

random other example : imagine you just died in planetside 2 and had to wait 7 minute before respawning?

I rest my case!
    • Up x 1
  19. stalkish

Well if you want to be **** about it:
    7 minutes is not an endless wait, no matter what it is you're waiting for.
    7 minutes is a finite period of time, it lasts 7 minutes, no longer, no less (no i dont want to discuss advanced physics / theories).
    Endless is endless, as in it has no end, as in it lasts forever.
    At the end of 7 minutes its the end, there is no end to endless it carries on and on and on and on and on and on and.....you get the point.

Besides i was just poking some fun at the comment, why so serious?
  20. Movoza

Then I would like to offer my sincere apologies. Although I would suspect that further conditions apply, the ambiguity is there.

They should change that text.