Membership Increase?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fligsnurt, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Fligsnurt

I'm wondering how much the membership levels have risen since alerts were implemented, just spent 1hr 20min in a que where I was juggled from 3-5th place to 30th place. I know I don't have a membership (can't afford it atm) but instead of being angry about it, I am merely curious. I have never been in a continent que where I was juggled around so much (had reached 5th place at least 4 times in the whole 1hr 20min) and sat at a 4min que time for atleast 45min of the que. I'd actually like to know how much memberships have grown in the last 2 days, I'd be willing to say that SOE is very happy with how the alerts were received by the community. Thoughts?
  2. Accuser

Hopefully a lot!
    Good luck logging in, and membership is worth it if you can find the cash :)
    • Up x 2
  3. Fligsnurt

It is now :p I will be reuping my subs just so I can play the alerts with my Outfit haha, haven't had a sub since the first 2 months. Can't wait till my next influx of income thats for sure. lol
    • Up x 2
  4. ROCKFIISH

Yah I think the subs are worth it, the 6 month sub costs about what a regular game does and you get extra XP on all your characters. Even with the issues the game has its more fun then BF3.
    • Up x 1
  5. Morpholine

It's a 25 to 50% boost that's always on and stacks with others, 4x passive cert generation rate, free bonus character slots, velvet rope treatment option, for $15 or less (American) a month, with a $5 equivalent in SC kickback every month to boot.

What's not to like about it?
    • Up x 4
  6. zaspacer

I picked up a 1-Month Membership for:
    1) +3 Character Slots
    2) access to Members Only sales

If a lotta people did it ONLY for the +3 Chars, you might see membership drop when they don't renew next month. (don't have to renew to keep the slots)
  7. Zazwon

Yeah being a sub really pays off and I have noticed a lot of my outfit members picking it up, its good to see the game doing well.

For anyone who's planning on sticking around its a good buy probably why there's been a seeming increase in the numbers. Also they have been making the sub more worth while it seems with every other patch :D
    • Up x 1
  8. Gavyne

Worth it to get ahead of the queues that's for sure, the alerts are wildly popular and people are always flooding onto the continent with the alert event going. Everything else is also nice, but ever since they released the alert system, there's no question whether the membership is worth it or not anymore.

Certs you can gain by playing the game, sc you can buy, extra character slots you can purchase, but fun can't be bought often. Getting in on the alert events are just 2 hours of non-stop fun.
  9. ViXeN

I'm actually thinking about becoming a member myself now.
  10. Singed

Being a member would be nice, but I've already spent around $60 on SC, and I don't really want to spend another $100 on a membership. Eh, Certs are nice, but if you play the game enough then they stop being the limiting factor. Of course it helps when you already have all the guns you want.