Medics who doesn't prioritize MAXes

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Pikachu, Dec 29, 2013.

1. PastalavistaBB

Maxes cost 350 Infantry resources while Infantry respawn does cost exactly "0" Infantry Resources. Maxes have a 15 minute timer without certing in it while Infantry respawn has a 15 second "cooldown". Enough reason to ignore regular Infantry and prioritize Maxes imho. If you play Infantry and don't get revived after 15 seconds just respawn. K/D Princesses might ignore this though...
  2. cruczi

To be fair, I don't think the resource cost really matters. When MAXing, you don't use any items which cost infantry resources, so during your typical MAX lifetime, you would often spend some resources on grenades and other explosives. As a Light Assault in particular, it's easy to spend more than 350 resources on C4 during that time, but the same is definitely doable with concussion grenades, flash grenades and even proximity mines and tank mines.
  3. Hiding in VR

Plus all the RL first aid courses I have done have all said you should ignore the person shouting for help (because they are okay), its the person laying still, saying nothing, you attend first ;)
    • Up x 2
  4. FieldMarshall

I feel that people mostly just care about xp/certs.
    Having the option to quickly revive infantry or slowly revive a max with the added risk that comes with it, they will always chose the free quick xp and ignore the max.
    It sucks, but thats how it is.
  5. MajiinBuu

I think reviving maxes should be worth more xp for reviving than normal infantry.
    You get more xp from repairing them than other stuff, why not revives?
    Also it would get more people to try and revive Maxes first.
  6. PastalavistaBB

How about adding a limited Self-Revive :eek: ability for Maxes to cert into that costs resources to use?
  7. FieldMarshall

:eek:
  8. Peebuddy

Reviving 3 infantry > 1 broken max suit

In both certs and battlefield force multipliers

I know it sucks you went down bud but you take 6 seconds to revive only to woddle back to get repairs. Does little for the battle raging 10ft from you, stop being so aggressive unless you have an engie tied to your leg or invest in charge.

Tired of Max suits acting like Prom Queens
    • Up x 1
  9. Serafine

Priority goes the following:
    - Medics get revived first ALWAYS. If something comes and kills you that medic can revive you, also two medics revive faster than one.
    - Is there any allied Infantry around?
    If no, res some guys as a meat shield and point defense if some enemy comes around and then res the Maxes.
    If yes, res maxes next and then the rest.

My general tactic if there is a bunch of people and Maxes lying around is:
    - throw res nade
    - pop on healing aura
    - res maxes (which can't be rezzed by nades)

Reviving Maxes first is stupid. It gives the enemy 4 seconds to kill you while you are completely defenseless. Also a revived MAX is worth nothing if an enemy just pops around the corner. I shot so many Maxes with my shotgun just after they got revived (and usually I get the medic as well).
  10. Arch

I will always rez a max if its viable, but if its too dangerous, sorry you'll have to wait or respawn. The only time i will willingly put myself in harms way to rez a max is if its an outfit/squad member.
  11. Arranzu

Honestly I'd always rather revive 3-4 teammates dead in the area before i rez the max. If it's a heated fight you bet your *** someone is watching for that max to get rez'd so they can just blow it up again, so i rez teammates first to actually cover us.
  12. Xidaraf

the principle of making sure the environment is safe before going out of your way to revive a max or infantry applies but at the same time you will need to take risks for the benefit of your team!
    lets say for example that. enemies are engaging in a firefight with your squad mates and you as a medic is sitting back to make sure you don't get killed but what if the enemy killed all or nearly all ofyour squad mates and then make a push towards you you are sure to be killed sonner rather than later, this means that you will need to risk your life to try to revive your fellow squad mates before the enemies can get to you. sometimes you need to take risks to revive
  13. Shiaari

What they really need to do is include a special marker for dead MAXes, that includes a timer so you know when it is no longer revivable.

On more than one occasion, I've been a MAX in a squad, notified the squad medic I am down, and literally have the, "being revived by..." disappear as the timer expires, only to hear "SH*T!" on teamspeak.

Ticks me off.
  14. PraiseTheSpandex

Well, remember, just shouting "Medic! Medic! Medic! Medic! Medic!" in a peeved-sounding monotone, with no indication of your position or the disposition of the enemy, will always make us do our jobs much faster.
    • Up x 2
  15. Marxsbeard

I play medic because I like the T1 Cycler more than any of the LMGs, and find self heal more combat effective than shield. I only revive when there's a break in combat or a tactical reason, such as distance/isolation from a spawn point. I'll only prioritize Max if there's a good reason, such as mobile anti-air/vehicle or bio lab. Otherwise, sucks to be you.
  16. Akachi

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, it just makes you an unreliable team player that most squads, platoons, and outfits would be better off to avoid playing with if they wish to be effective and competitive. That's all.
  17. Iridar51

Expectation from a random player, passing by, is one thing. Expectation from a fellow outfit member and a squad mate is entirely another.
  18. Nextic

MAX plebs often die in the worst possible places and take far to long to rez. I have said it a million times, medics are not your personal heal bots. If rezing you puts us in to much danger we wont rez you, letting one guy bleed out is a better option then dieing trying to rez him.
  19. Frosty The Pyro

A live medic rezs much much more than a dead one. Resing maxes is important, but being alive to do so is more important.