Medics not being able to rezz maxes - bug or feature?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Dryka, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Dryka

When i get killed in my max suit and lay on the floor for over 30-60 seconds, i can't get rezzed anymore. The medic tool doesn't even send out a beam.

This is highly aggravating because often medics will rezz other people before me then die before they get to me, or it'll be too late either way. Half the medics don't even try to rezz maxes - possibly because of this. They try to rezz us and when it doesn't work they assume you can't rezz maxes.

If it's a feature, then there should be a warning, a timer or indicator of some sort. Because laying down on the floor using proximity chat to insist on some medics going to my location is terrible and wasting my cooldown because no one bothered to help me sucks. Sometimes the battle just about ended and i get dozens of people stomping around me but no one stops to rezz me.

Earlier, i was dead near a friendly sunderer and the medics went and revived the various infantry that died near me but never got around to rezz me, until it was too late. Unfortunately i can't "just respawn" even with all the cooldown reduction passives i have. In the heat of battle 6 minutes is forever and it's a huge waste of potential.
  2. Plague Rat

Sometimes a body gets bugged and can't be rezzed, max or standed infantry. Another problem is that you need at least rank 2 in the nano-regen tool to rez MAX suits, and just from accepting rezes normally I can tell you there is a frightening number of medics that still only have rank 1 (had one today with a BR in the 30s... still with the rank 1 medic gun) I guess because they get the same certs either way (more in some case due to additional heal XP after the rez) they don't bother to upgrade it and save all their certs for gun upgrades or C4 or something.
    • Up x 2
  3. Purg

I don't opt for the rez that often but when I have, it's always worked. I've certed cooldown to about half and find that it's easier to pull another MAX than to have 4 or so bars of health when I'm probably right in the vicinity of whatever killed me then have to find an Engineer who's willing to repair.

At that point I'm more effective as an HA rather than a cowering MAX.
  4. Olek

From what I have read the medic must have a specific cert or something to res a MAX, so if they don't have it they will probably just run past you, leaving you raging thinking they don't give a ****.