Medic tricks/tips/advice

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Paperlamp, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Paperlamp

Medic has been my least played choice and I hated it at first, but I've been playing TR on a server they're considerably outnumbered on, my K/D has become awful, below 2 now - granted it's a new character and I don't have flak which as medic seems a necessity to deal with grenade spam. However for some reason I'm enjoying it more than any other class suddenly(part of it is that ARs are amazing I'm guessing). I feel like more of an asset to my team or some kind of touchy feely comraderie thing.

So far, I stick close to infantry around base assault/defense, pick people that are in decent cover up but leave the rest, and take shots at any threats as a priority over heals/revives.

Should I be getting revive grenades? They seem like they'd probably be amazing XP but not sure if they're worth taking over regular ones, and often groups of dead people are dead due to being in a spot that's getting shelled by HE tanks or something.

I'm pretty set on the Cycler TRV as most engagements so far are relatively close range, but will probably pick the NS-11a up at some point if I play any NC medic.