(Medic) Revive timer to short after dead (30 sec.)

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by SidCom, Mar 3, 2014.

1. SidCom

IMO the 30 sec. timer after somebody dies until he dissapears and cannot be revived is much to low now. It is nearly impossible for me as medic to reach a dead corpse within 30 sec. when i am a 30-40 meters away of a corpse in a busy fight without getting killed. The support classes should be a little bit in the backround of the fight to NOT getting killed. Before it was a great challenge to shoot my way free to reach my dead comrade. And now if he not die within a radius of 5 meters i cannot support him. Kind of boring gameplay for medics....

Expecially reviving maxes is very important. They are just to valuable for just dissapearing. That affects gameplay massivly.

Pre patch it was nearly an eternaty compared to now.
    I think at least a 90 sec. dead/revive timer would be reasonable.
    • Up x 3
  2. SacredRay

Bullsh*t.

Medics never heal unless there is noone in the hex and 80% of engineers don't know what an ammo pack is.

Also, why should it be alright for 1 lone ranger to leave his team mates, go on a sh*tty 2 kill spree, die and then wait there for a revive (by a medic all the way across the other side of the station/techplant) so that his stats get padded and he doesn't look bad for totally not playing the game?

SoE wants Medics actually supporting the rest of the team and they want players to actually have some game sense and not just rush in to get killed. If you think you can try and play the John Rambo solo game and 'shoot' your way to the spawn room only to die totally miles away from any friendly, that's entirely your fault.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tobax

That is the random zerglings, people playing in organised squads are the complete opposite and I agree 30s is too short to try reach the down guy.
    • Up x 3
  4. IamDH

I imagine this was also done for FPS reasons. I imagine a corpse takes a small amount of FPS but times this by 50-60 corpses per battle and it becomes a larger issue. I dont really understand anything tech-related but this is my guess
    Respectfully disagree.
    "Medics never heal............is" You have just generalized all medics in one sentence. Even if you are correct (which i dont think you are), truth be told is that the remaining 20% DO revive (or drop ammo in the engi case) and shouldnt be neglected.

"SoE wants Medics.......fault" You are trying to alienate certain styles of play. According to you the "John Rambo" will die and gunning your way to a corpse is impossible. If this was impossible, then why change it? I'm having difficulty believing your statement
    Whilst the majority of planetside probably have <1 KD, there are some extremely skilled players that probably could shoot their way to a corpse
  5. SenEvason

You can always stick closer to your guys, especially if you are worried about keeping MAXes up.. If they're too far away, they should have their own medic supporting them. If push comes to shove, throw a revive grenade their way.
  6. McToast

Moin

Could've been even shorter imho. Death should mean something, especially for a MAX. I don't feel useless when playing Medic.
    • Up x 4
  7. WyrdHarper

Still getting ressed most times I die unless completely surrounded by enemies, so I haven't seen a real issue with it.
  8. SacredRay

My original point still stands. Typical infantry scrub players expecting everything on a silver platter rofl.

If you want to revive someone, stay with them and make sure the area is safe. The game isn't meant to carry out health and safety for you. And if you want to be revived, stay in an area which isn't miles from the nearest medic.
  9. Regpuppy

Then don't stray ridiculously far away from your support classes? Honestly, 30 seconds is just right. The only problem is for newbie tools. Those should revive just as fast as a fully upgraded tool, just with the whole less health for those revived thing. But seriously, once your tool is maxed 30 seconds is plenty of time. Barring those guys that yolo it 50 meters away from the nearest medic and get killed in a bad spot.

From a medic's perspective, I don't even notice much different. Except more people in bad spots which would get medics killed respawning willingly or otherwise instead of hoping a medic picks them up once the battle is practically over. I also notice good squads/players sticking closer to their medics and making it a lot easier to actually heal people.
    • Up x 4
  10. PurpleOtter

While this is pretty much a FWAP (First World Auraxis Problem), I do think the timer could be adjusted up to 60 seconds.
  11. Ultramarine

I disagree. The 30 seconds makes it a challenge, it never was. If somebody is on his own and far enough away that you won't reach him in 30s, you probably were not going to reach him anyways. 30s, is quite a long time in a game like this. In the 30s you spent running, you could have revived 15(ish) teammates who were actually part of your group. Medics should prioritize the squad they're running with.

30s is a good amount of time especially given how people were abusing the old system by waiting and then sneaking 1 medic in with a revive grenade to bring 2 whole squads back to life on a point. Maxes were the worst offender. A class that valuable being revivable for near an eternity was absurd.

This is working, I still frequently get revived, I still frequently revive my teammates, and the medic is still the heart of any strong infantry push. The only thing this change killed was cheese, and I'm ok with that.
    Your opinion is valid, I'm just tossing in mine.
    • Up x 2
  12. Dill Bagner

When they first changed the time limit, I thought it was too short. But after playing for a little bit I don't think so. It'd be nice if it were a little longer, sure, but you can't expect to be able to revive every single corpse on the field.
  13. Flapatax

I have yet to encounter a situation where 30s was too short to reach someone who hadn't overextended to where they shouldn't get a rez anyway.
    • Up x 4
  14. Vearo

The only problem with the timer as I see it is that the dead have no real idea when they have "decayed".

I hope SoE adds a "Decay Timer" or something to the deployment screen so that players know when they should stop waiting and spawn. Having to hit Ctrl+F10 (I think) to see if one's body is still there isn't exactly reliable due to the deathcam being about 15m above the body and thus can be obstructed.
    • Up x 3
  15. Gammit

So far, it feels OK to me.
  16. SenEvason

Hell, several times I've been surrounded by enemies and still got ressed (and then immediately cut down again, but still).
    • Up x 1
  17. Astriania

It's a good change imo, revives were OP before and now death means something ... if you're going to try a sneaky flank without support there's some risk involved, and if you clear a room you don't need to watch corpses and doorways for res grenades for so long to make sure you really cleared it.
    • Up x 1
  18. jak

If people in your organized squads are dying where you can't reach them in 30s, you should reevaluate their usefulness in your squad.
    • Up x 1
  19. WyrdHarper

There's a skull icon under your spawn options when your body despawns.
  20. Dtswiss

The problem isn't the timer, its people that don't look at their mini map. You can die next to medic and he will just run off unless you use proximity chat and call him by his name. Most medics wont go off to get you if you are more than 20 meters away even in secure position.

Its the same for engineer, max spams need repairs or soldiers ask for ammo and the engi runs away to the front line. There's huge max icon next to him, a smart engi will look at the max every 20 secs to see if he needs repair. Same for medics, yes you can kill but make sure u use your area heal and look at the mini map frequently.

It seems people that play support class only supports when an area is clear, no more enemy to pewpew for kills.