Medic NC suggestion

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by MavCooL, Feb 5, 2017.

1. MavCooL

Need a second classes to build here
    1. What is the best Medic NC weapon??... Play with ADS a lot rarely hipfire...
    2. What is medic perk u bring?? heal revive nade?? shield or heal skill?? etc etc
  2. BrbImAFK

Those questions actually have a lot of answers - and most of them are "depends on you".

For example, lots of people swear by the GD-22 for CQC, super-fast RoF but it's kinda a hip-fire machine, so if you don't like hipfire or high RoF spammage, maybe it's not for you. For ADS, maybe the Carnage will suit you better. For range, the Reaper DMR is great. If you like versatility and aren't too bothered about using NS, I heartily recommend the NS-11. It's one of my favourite guns. Alternatively, the Gauss S can be fitted for pretty much anything. Honestly, what it comes down to is "try them out in VR and see what works best for you".

As for the perks, again it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you move around a lot, then the shield bubble isn't great and you're probably better off with nanite regen. If you're holding positions, the shield bubble can be awesome.

If you're expecting to take a lot of fire, maybe nanoweave will help you. If you're corner-peeking, then ASC might be better for more shield uptime (but only if you don't have the shield bubble). If you're going to be in confined spaces like point holds, then maybe flak armor would be good as contested point rooms see a lot of explosive spammage. If you're working in a squad, primarily around keeping everybody alive, then grenade bandolier with rez nades is awesome.

I wouldn't ever recommend the healing grenade, but in bigger fights, rez nades can be serious cert pinatas. In smaller fights, or where you're operating solo-ish, or maybe you just want to aurax it, you might want to use the frag nades. I mostly only run rez nades though.

Finally, if you're running the shield bubble, you NEED medkits as that's the only healing you're going to get half the time. If you're in a squad with another competent medic, you can afford to pass these over though. Also, if you're expecting to get shot at and are likely to need a quick jolt of health to stay alive, medkits are useful. Personally, I tend to run C4, as you never know when you're going to have to deal with a vehicle or MAX unit and you're the last dude standing in your squad.
    • Up x 1
  3. Eternaloptimist

Yeah, what BrbImAFK says - personal preference:

My personal preference is as follows - I play anti infantry combat (i.e. fighting) Medic:
    • nanoweave - bullets are harder to dodge than 'nades;
    • nanite auto heal - its a free, self renewing resto kit and it heals others as well as me (maxed out version is free on new builds);
    • Rezz 'nade - for multiple rezz and for when running over to the corpse is too dagerous;
    • auxiliary armour - as no major need for medikits (due to nanite auto heal) and personally I have no frequent use for C4. It is OK now and then for getting pesky Maxes off your back but the Aux Shield works for me all the time;
    • CQC assault rifle with laser sight and 2x reflex (thinking of going 1x).
    I think rezz 'nades are awesomely good and get me loads of xp, plus you get healing xp as well if the guy you rezzed runs back into the cover you threw it from...............the rezz 'nade does not give full health on revival.

I also have a burst AR (with 3.4x) for occasional long range engagements but I'm thinking of certing an AR with UBGL as I do miss frag 'nades a bit (and an ammo pack resupplies UBGL 'nades), plus I do occasionally get caught out with the wrong AR for the battle I'm in. So I'm thinking of something a bit middle-of-the-road that I don't have to swap out for different fights. I'll miss the high RoF on the CQC ARs but I'm practising head shotting to compensate.

For NC specifically, I run GR22 for CQC and Gauss Compact Burst ATM. There is only one AR with a UBGL in each faction IIRC - can't remeber the name though.
    • Up x 1
  4. MavCooL

Ty for reply... I got my setup now...
    But can u teach me how to throw rezz nade?? I can't throw it close to my feet... It always bouncing farther away... like 20m or so...
  5. BrbImAFK

Here you go....

6. Corezer

Reaper DMR for everything the end.
    • Up x 3
  7. DemonicTreerat

My personal all-around setup is a Gauss-S with x2 sight, flash suppressor, and grenade launcher. Single shot or burst for long range, full auto for up close, grenades for dealing with corner-humpers or smoke to blind them. For longer ranges I replace the x2 with a x6 for a better sight picture and the mill dots to adjust range (plus x6 doesn't have any scope sway). For mostly long range either a Atross (though sometimes wish I had taken a Reaper instead) or Warden, either with a x6 scope and flash suppressor. Short range is mostly a Piston automatic shotgun but I've started using a NS-11 just to give it a try (so far its meh).

Grenade bandolier as suit slot as I never have enough revive grenades. Occasionally flak armor due to the inevitable grenade spam during a point hold sometimes leaving no place to get out of the blast.

For utility I'll admit to being a C4 addict. One brick setup by a doorway to end a rush or use it as grenade and watch the carnage. Plus the occasional vehicle kill.

Ability slot varies as said before. Regen for mobile fights or shield for statics or long-range work. One option to replace med kits I've been using is the regen implant as I've found that its better to kill the other guy first THEN hit the heal.
  8. Dualice

Also don't forget the Gauss Rifle Burst. If you like/don't mind burst-fire weapons that is. Negative first-shot multipliers FTW.
  9. Eternaloptimist

Yeah, it's more of a mid range head shot weapon. I got the platinum NS11P as a Summer Reward a year or two back but it doesn't really fit my play style.