Medic/LA cloak: Graphic bug, or some exploit?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrMurdok, Dec 7, 2012.

1. MrMurdok

So I was roaming around Zurvan earlier today, Mallory, fighting Vanu.

I'm seeing this cloaked shimmer, but it looks kinda funny, becasue it's not the lean figure of an Infi, I go and put some rounds into the guy, who then turn around and blasts me full auto, WHILE STILL CLOAKED. The kill screen reads that I was killed by a medic.

Two respawns later, still Zurvan, I'm seeing the shimmer again, take better aim, two headshots and the dude is down, not before he tried shooting me again, while cloaked. Kill note says I iced an LA.

I dropped out the player names, because maybe it's some gfx bug on my own party, but has anyone encoutered this before?
  2. WilsonMG

I could swear that one time I did see an NC medic cloak up when I was shooting at him, but since no one else in my outfit witnessed it, and I didn't encounter him again, I wrote it off to a lag spike in which he just "vanished". It was at night, on medium settings, so I couldn't be sure that I did in fact see a cloak shimmer.
  3. hostilechild

I have attributed this to some lag/vid bug. When you shoot some people they get that little shield glimmer. Occassionaly i will see just that glimmer not the actual player model(almost like cloak) running around and its a medic/eng/LA. Saw it happen with an HA once slightly different, the full shield was there like a xmas tree but the player model wasn't in it.