Medic & Engineer Tool issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by RedTerror, Oct 16, 2021.

1. RedTerror

Hello!
    I've been having issues with the medic & engineer tool lock on failing or acting oddly, I have attempted every conceivable fix I and others could think of including checking files and full reinstalls. I consistently am getting 60 fps+, and have ~50/60 ping/latency. I've seen other people report this issue, but it doesn't seem to be to the extent that I have this issue.

When aiming either of these tools at targets the lock on only seems to work 1/10 times on average. I attempted targeting name plates, corpses, vehicles, etc. at all varying ranges with no noticeable difference (aside from being obviously out of range). I've also attempted holding the rmb medic res, or left click repair tool for long periods of time with no success. Note: this entire time using the repair tool it does gain heat even though repairs aren't going through, and I can confirm the repair is not healing as I'll attempt this on a vehicle I own or was in.

The other odd part is when using the medic tool and I do successfully lock a lmb heal on someone if I go to attempt to heal someone else with lmb it will return the lock to the previous person regardless of positioning if they are in range, even if I'm looking away from them directly at someone else.

This leads me to believe it's a client side issue with targeting, but have no idea otherwise. Please help, it's frustrating having to attempt to spam rmb to res people to get it to eventually work while being shot at, or another team mate runs up and resses instantly. Or being unable to repair my flaming vehicle as I watch it dwindle it's last remaining 100 hp as I'm furiously trying to get a repair lock.

Thanks!
    • Up x 1